Keeping you connected with Silver City ES!
Remember your teachers are here to help you every step of the way so constant communication with them is critical to your success over the course of these three weeks leading up to Spring Break. Our expectation is that you are:
- participating in class meetings via Google Meets (or whatever other platform your teacher uses),
- signing up for one-on-one conferences with your teachers,
- completing all assignments and assessments, and
- turning in all the work that is assigned.
The assignments that are being given right now will go towards your Q4 report card, so they are not optional. If, at any point, you have questions or need help, contact your homeroom teacher and they will assist in any way they can.
We are all working together to help make these online learning days as successful as possible and keeping you on track with the standards that need to be mastered by the end of your current grade level. We can and will do this TOGETHER!
Ms. Sipsy Shares Mr. Seahorse With Us
Listen to our Wednesday, March 18th read aloud here...
Ms. Carnes Reads Knuffle Bunny
See our Thursday, March 19th read aloud here...
A "Typical" Day with Mr. Sloop, Ms. Carnes, and Ms. Sipsy
Check out our Friday, March 20th video and read aloud here...
Providing a Galaxy of Support
Need a Chromebook? If you still are in need of a chromebook or hot spot, please reach out to your child's homeroom teacher and let them know, as well as our ITS, Mr. Smith, at email@example.com. We still have chromebooks available, so if you need one you can pick one up between 8:00-11:30am any day next week.
Family Meal Options...There are expanded student and family meal options while school is closed - drive-thru, delivery and mobile pantry (3/19-4/3/20) - Click here for more information
Resources from SCES Counselors - Check out the following resources from our Counselors:
- For K-2, you can reach out to Ms. Peacock through itsLearning or check in on her Counseling Corner on Google.
- For Gr 3-5, you can reach out to Ms. Hamilton through your Counseling Course in itsLearning for specific supports or to connect with her directly.
Important Info on Grades:
- Q3 grades have been posted and can be found on Parent Portal. No report cards will be printed for this quarter. All new assignments will go towards Q4 grades.
Check out these Community Resources...Whether you are able to serve or if you are in need, check out The Place of Forsyth County. They offer a wealth of resources to families in our county.
Coronavirus Resources for Parents - FCS Schools has put together a list of resources for you as a parent, so check them out here.
As always, use our district website as a resource to keep up with what is going on with Forsyth County Schools.
Multiple Providers Offering free internet to Families Without Their Services
Comcast and Spectrum are both offering 60 days of free internet to people without their services. Cox is offering a free month to new Connect2Compete customers. Check out the embedded links to learn more...
- Aladdin Jr. Performances - we are hopeful we can reschedule these, but we are unsure of the dates at this time
- Comet Classes - we will finish the last week of these classes once we return to school and that will be communicated out
- Book Fair - we are seeing if there is an online option for this that we can offer if we are not able to reschedule it
- Georgia Milestones Testing - based on the news we heard today from the State School Superintendent, Richard Woods, "Educators, parents, and students can expect that no state testing – to include Georgia Milestones, GAA 2.0, and GKIDS – will be administered in Georgia this year."