WMS Friday Forecast
September 11, 2020 - Week 4
To read this newsletter in a language other than English, please click on the "Translate Newsletter" link on the upper right-hand side of this page.
Para leer este boletín en otro idioma que no sea el inglés, por favor haga clic en el enlace "Traducir el boletín" en la parte superior derecha de esta página.
MIDDLE SCHOOL PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES
- Login to your HAC (HOME ACCESS CENTER) Account
- Click on the link for "Parent-Teacher Conference Scheduler" (Click here for directions)
- Be sure to ONLY choose Q1 teachers!
A few notes about sign-up:
Parents should not feel obligated to sign-up for conferences. If your child is doing well at school, both academically and socially, then you might choose not to have a conference. (It does not make you a bad parent not to sign-up for conferences!) If your child is struggling, we would suggest that you do come to conferences!
You might only feel the need to meet one or a few teachers. There is no obligation to meet every teacher.
If you wish to visit the explore teachers, please sign-up to visit your child’s first-quarter explore teacher.
You can sign-up for a conference with a teacher only one time. Our student services team (counselors, social workers) will be available for conferences, as well. If you decide you need more time with a teacher, we are always willing to meet with you.
In some cases, a teacher may contact you in advance to set-up a conference time. That means we want to guarantee you a time to meet with your child’s teachers.
When you sign-up, try to sign-up for all conferences in a row. (Do not schedule gap times in the middle or you will be waiting around for a long time!) You should be able to meet with most teachers and be off the computer in about 60 minutes if you meet with all teachers.
We would like you to have your RedHawks student with you during conferences! It is important that they hear what you hear. They are of the age when they are mature and responsible enough to be part of the conversation!
School Photo Distribution and Ordering:
REMOTE LEARNERS: Your photo package or preview calendar is available in the Wredling Main Office for pickup.
HYBRID LEARNERS: Students have received their photo packages or preview calendar.
Photo ordering information is on the card/calendar with the preview photo of the student. It has the code number for that student's picture.
Color Portraits currently has limited office hours. Please contact Color Portraits Customer Service via our Help Center. Here you can ask for your student's Ticket Code (if you cannot find it on your preview), how to place an order, or any other question you may have including returning an order
OUR SCHOOL PICTURE MAKE-UP DATE IS OCTOBER 27TH. MORE INFORMATION WILL BE SHARED CLOSER TO THE PICTURE DATE.
Luggage Tags for COVID Certification
- Certify your student electronically using this link (also on WMS Website)
- Initial your student's luggage tag on the appropriate date
For your convenience: Next week's blank luggage tag slip, we are including our luggage tag template.
WMS QUICK LINKS FOR FAMILIES
- HYBRID A/B Calendar - September
- Who to contact at WMS for what?
- STUDENT MEAL ORDER FORM - ontact our kitchen manager, Deb Badali at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to student meals
- Student COVID-19 Certification
- D303 COVID-19 Response Protocol
- D303 Reopen School Plan
- D303 Face Coverings Guidance
- 6th-grade support referrals
- 7th-grade support referrals
- 8th-grade support referrals
- REQUEST MEETING WITH MR. SLAIHER: 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade
- Community resources as posted on the district website
- Resources from the state
HELP US DIGITALLY DOCUMENT THIS YEAR BY SUBMITTING ITEMS FOR OUR WMS YEARBOOK! We need YOU to send us your pictures to help us make this very unique yearbook!
SUBMISSIONS THROUGH 9/18.
This week's theme "The New Normal" (held over as we need more submissions)
1. Pictures of life in quarantine between May and August.
2. Birthday drive-by parties, grocery shortage, social distance gatherings, outdoor restaurants, walks, hobbies, etc.
Pictures can be shared through the Google drive or email at Timothy.Massie@d303.org OR
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW (computer or smartphone) and use access code - redhawks)
WMS Cross Country Update
The latest information:
- BOTH A & B students will be able to practice together starting Monday, September 14th. See the Cross Country News for details
- Spectators ARE NOT PERMITTED at meets this season
- Schedule has been updated on the website
- Join REMIND if you haven't to ensure you receive messages
CLICK HERE for the full edition of the Cross Country News
Redhawks Spirit Wear Order Deadline Approaching!
Don't forget to take the time to visit our PTO online spirit wear store at
https://stores.inksoft.com/wredling/shop/home. Check out our spirit wear items and find something for the entire family!
You MUST order online before September 17th!! Orders will be delivered to school, individually packed, and dropped off to the student at school in early October or an arranged pick up date/time will be determined.
Contact Rosalinda Saucedo, Spirit Wear Chair (email@example.com) with any questions.
ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS NEWSLETTER IS CURRENT AS OF THE PUBLICATION DATE. NEW INFORMATION WILL BE ADDRESSED IN FUTURE NEWSLETTERS.