5 rules on performance nutrition
2. create a calorie ratio of approximately 1 part fat, 2 parts protein and three parts carbohydrate. that would be a good place to start.
3.sit down an ask yourself "what am i going to do for the next 3 hours?"
4.you cant lose fat quickly and efficiently unless you are in a negative calorie balance.
5.it is almost impossible to get all of the nutrients your body needs to remain healthy and active from food alone.
b. your carb intake should be around 50 to 80 percent of caloric intake from carbohydrates.
c. carbohydrates can be classified in 3 ways. monosaccharides, disaccharides and polysaccharides.
- the essential amino acids consist of:
proteins are essential for growth and recovery.
the difference between catabolism and anabolism
Catabolic is when the metabolic process breaks down. Anabolic is when w the metabolic process builds up. This system alternates the two, to form metabolism.
it has been proven that amino acids play a major role in both performance and recovery.
- you should realize the importance of fat in your diet.
- fat isn't always responsible for clogged arteries.
- fats can be found in solid or liquid form and are often referred as lipids
- fat acts as a storage of excess calories that you consume whether from dietary fat, carbohydrates and protein.