Resilience & Mental Wellness
Exercising Healthy Control over Stress & Anxiety
Franklin Lakes Public Schools Parent Academy featuring: Dr. Jolene Arasz, Psy. D.
Feelings of stress and anxiety are NORMAL biological responses to a range of human experiences. Recognizing this, we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE parents and guardians to join us for an informative evening focused on healthy and appropriate ways to equip our children to handle modern day stress and anxiety.
Parents/ Guardians will learn about:
- The role of anxiety in overall mental health, and that no one is immune to anxiety.
- The impact of adult anxiety on children.
- The impact of anxiety on behavior (including but not limited to: risky, impulsive, aggressive, and/ or avoidant behaviors).
- Signs/ symptoms indicative of the need for professional support in anxiety management.
- Dr. Arasz's work with FLPS educators and staff.
- A preventative approach to stress and anxiety emphasizing communication and accountability in service of children's':
- Emotional regulation
- Interpersonal skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Solution-focused work
*FLPS will observe a homework-/ project-/ assessment-free night on 3/30/2021 to encourage parent/ guardian attendance!
**FLPS students whose parents/ guardians who attend will receive a Principal's Prize!
Dr. Jolene Arasz, Psy.D.
Franklin Avenue Middle School
Monday, March 30th, 7-9pm
755 Franklin Avenue
Franklin Lakes, NJ
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Parent Academy On-Site Childcare
To encourage attendance among full sets of parents/ guardians, on-site childcare will be available via online registration on a first-come, first-served basis with Wyckoff YMCA caregivers. Childcare will be available for potty-trained children ages 3 years and up. The maximum capacity for children is 18 (1 adult: 6 children).
If interested, please complete the linked reservation form by 3/16/2020 or ASAP!