Uplift Hampton Parent Newsletter
MS April Edition
Greetings from Administration
We have about 5 more weeks of the school year! Although it seems like right now the time is standing still, this year definitely went by fast. Thank you again for taking the time to ensure your scholar is logged on to their Google Classrooms and engaging in the lessons and work given by their teachers. We recognize this "new" way of learning is hard work. However, if you're still trying to find a balance, take a moment to breathe. We are here to support you and your efforts. Let us know what you need. “Being first to ask for help in a friendship takes courage and humility.” ― Afton Rorvik
Uplift Hampton Admin Team -
Mrs. Parhms, Mrs. Cormier, Mr. Deacon, Mrs. Mangum
Dean Chat with Parents
Do you have any questions or concerns about Virtual Learning or End of Year procedures?
Join us for an opportunity to talk with the Deans virtually on Zoom
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS HERE: https://forms.gle/bzKTRALGYiQGfuvY6
Time: Wednesday, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:30 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 964 8608 3583
Wednesday, Apr 15, 2020 at 6:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 910 4071 7378
Everything a Hampton Parent Needs to Know - About Virtual Learning!
Online Lessons and Assignments DO count for a grade!
UHMS Virtual Learning Schedule
UHMS Google Classroom Codes
How does my scholar join a teacher's Google Classroom?
Distance Learning Tips for Parents and Scholars
- Having trouble logging on?: Troubleshoot by practice logging in ahead of time! Have your scholar practice logging into the computer, google classroom, and the other academic sites their teacher are using. Such as Study Island, Khan Academy, or Achieve 3000. Go into each google classroom and click on the links their teachers are providing, to ensure their are no issues with downloading. If you experience any log in issues, please reach out to email@example.com and the teacher of that google classroom.
- No Nicknames - Scholars should join their google classroom using their real name, not nicknames. Several scholars have done this and has made it difficult to identify them. This makes it difficult for teachers to support and keep accurate documentation on your scholar progress. Have your scholar open their google classroom account to check if their name is correct.
- Do you have more than one scholar at home?: Create a schedule that works for you and your scholar! We understand many of you are working and it makes it difficult to monitor your scholar progress. Sit down together and create a specific schedule for you and your family that still allows your scholar time to study, work, and rest. Some scholars may needs frequent breaks in between each content lesson and some can work for hours at a time. Do what's best for your scholar! If you need suggestions, there are several distance learning schedules online you can use or you can reach out to your grade level dean for support.
- If you have multiple scholars with limited technology. Create a rotation schedule with 2-3 hours rotations. For example, Scholar #1 has the ipad/laptop from 8-11, (everyone has lunch from 11 - 12pm) Scholar #2 has the ipad/laptop from 12 - 3, and Scholar #3 has the ipad/laptop from 3 -6pm. In between times, siblings can help their other siblings, read a book, journal, listen to music, complete a puzzle, or have some personal down time.
- Teacher Office Hours: Write down teacher office hours and tutoring times and post them for you and your scholar to see. If you and your scholar have a question, your can refer to this document and reach out for support. There is a teacher available every day to answer questions or tutor scholars virtually.
Family Time Tips - Cabin Fever, HELP!
Take up some sun: Go outside and just enjoy the fresh air. Take a nice walk or job around your neighborhood.
Family Pajama Party: Everyone dresses in their favorite, comfy, pajamas, and watch a movie or play a game.
Dance Challenge: Find a song and create a family routine. Record it and send it to friends and family! Our favorites are the Toosie Slide, I'm a Savage, or Don't Rush.
SNAP, SNAP! GOOD THINGS CAUGHT ON CAMERA!
Send us your pictures so they can be in our next Parent Newsletter!
Email them to:
Counselor's Corner - Ms. Jackson
Additional Family Support Resources
Need to Contact a Teacher?
Need to Meet With Administration?
1. Request a Virtual Meeting: Now that we cannot meet face to face, send us a request via email to meet virtually - Google Hangout, Skype, Zoom, etc to discuss your concerns "face to face".
2. Email – All emails addresses can be found on our Uplift Website as well as at the bottom of every newsletter. Emailing can possibly save time by eliminating phone tag especially if a call back may occur during difficult to answer situations such as work hours. All emails will be responded to within 48 business hours.
We thrilled with your outstanding engagement in your child’s education and we thank you for your cooperation in this matter.