Integrated Physics and Chemistry
Goals for the Day
2. Develop K-U-D for Mechanical Energy unit.
3. Use PLC menu to create TEKS aligned activities that incorporate process skills and utilize high yield learning strategies to create impactful student experiences.
FACT or FICTION!
3 statements need to be true.
1 statement needs to be false.
Total Participation Techniques
Intranet --> Logins --> ASCD ebooks (password: lonestar) --> search Total Participation Techniques
The Big Ideas! Mechanical Energy
5A - recognize and demonstrate that objects and substances in motion have kinetic energy such as vibration of atoms, water flowing down a stream moving pebbles, and bowling balls knocking down pins
5B - demonstrate common forms of potential energy, including gravitational, elastic, and chemical, such as a ball on an inclined plane, springs and batteries
5D investigate the law of conservation of energy
Unit Planning - Mechanical Energy
Questions to ask:
- Does the activity meet the intent of the standard?
- Is there an opportunity for students to process?
- Do students have the opportunity to read, write, listen, speak?
- How do you know if all students are "getting it" each day? Formative Assessment