Junior Graphic Designer
Hanna Instruments LTD
Junior Graphic Designer
A junior designer will be ready to develop their existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. Responsible for helping to drive that creative direction of campaigns, an understanding of typography, layout, animation and art direction will be needed to help the team produce the best work outcomes.
Specific and Technical Skills
- The applicant must have a BA in Graphic Design or equivalent minimum 1 year relevant experience in a junior role
- must have knowledge of print processes and ability to confidently prepare ‘print ready’ designs and have the ability and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CS5+ (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Acrobat) and Microsoft Office/Outlook related software in particular PowerPoint.
- The applicant will also have a photography background or have some knowledge of Photography. They will be using a SLR camera and Macro lenses.
- Desired knowledge in HTML, CSS and Adobe Dreamweaver but not essential, Also video editing using Final Cut Pro not required but would be an advantage.
- The applicant must have the ability to work within brand guidelines and deliver work to tight deadlines.
- They must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills High levels of accuracy and attention of detail both in terms of design and the use of scientific spelling and terminology.
- The applicant must have good planning and project management as there is constant clients coming in with different deadlines and different numbers of work.
- Also being a self-starter with ability to work on their own as well as part of a team and the wider office environment.
Attitude or Soft Skills
- The applicant must be artistic ability with a talent for artistic skills
- client oriented to ensure that designs meet specification
- Communicative with clients and other members of the design team to ensure they are on track with deadlines and other goals
- Creative and can come up with new and existing ideas for designs
- Understands that different audiences respond to different to different images and can integrate this understanding into their designs
- Able to work within boundaries of deadlines and changing priorities and can effectively manage a workload to meet deadlines and satisfy clients
- Able to hear all criticisms with an open mind and is willing to change designs based on the needs or wants of a client or opinions of members of the design team
- Understand how strategy plays a part in marketing and advertising