September 19, 2014
Please review the Memo to stay current on building parent communication!
Twitter Lunch & Learn Notes
Please consider writing a post for our blog!!
Week of September 22-26
Monday, September 22
- Wellness Committee meeting; 8:30 a.m.
- Nosalik team meeting; 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, September 23
- Picture Day
- Instructional Team; 8:30 a.m. in Main Office Conference Room
- Data review meetings; Main Office Conference Room
Wednesday, September 24
- Staff meeting; 8:30 a.m. in LLC
- Evacuation Drill; 10 a.m.
- Shift Day to Friday
- Lowell Spirit Day (Yes...jeans)
- Cook's Night Out @ Chipotle & Yogurtland; 4-8 p.m.
Thursday, September 25
- Problem solving, IEPs & 504s as scheduled
- Inclusion meetings as scheduled
- Runathon during PE classes
Friday, September 26
- Institute Day (8 a.m.-3 p.m.)
Newsletter Tip: Save your newsletter as a PDF before you e-mail to parents or post on the web. This ensures your formatting remains intact on Macs, PCs, and mobile devices.
Upcoming Lowell Events
- Hearing & Vision Screening: Friday, October 3 (Friday, October 10 make-up)
- Walk to School Day: Wednesday, October 8th
- Bus Drill: Tuesday, October 14; 9:30-Noon; 1-2 p.m.
- Parent-Teacher Conference Dates: Tuesday, October 14 & Thursday, October 16 from 4-8 p.m. are the school-wide dates. Per the contract, your additional 4 hours beyond the 2 school-wide nights may include parent phone calls, e-mails, and additional conferences.
- Discretionary Money Receipts Due: Friday, October 17
- Winter Concert: Thursday, December 18 @ Wheaton North High School's Auditorium (more information to come)
- Spring PACE Testing: March 2-6 (Grades 3-5); March 9-16 (Grade 2)
- Franklin Music Tour: Tuesday, April 28
- Chorus, Band, & Orchestra Concert: Tuesday, May 12; 6:30 p.m. @ Franklin
Grade Level Trips/Events
- Kindergarten DuPage Children's Museum in-school field trip: Tuesday, September 30; Art Room (9:20-10:20: Vesta; 10:40-11:40: Rood; 2:10-3:10: Vesta)
- 2nd Grade to Wheaton College: Tuesday, September 30; 9:45-11:45
- 3rd Grade to Danada Farm: Thursday, October 2; 9:30-Noon
- Kindergarten Firemen Visits: Thursday, October 9; Room 108 (10:45-11:15); Room 119 (2:45-3:15)
- 3rd Grade Dictionary Visits: Wednesday, October 22; 10; 10:30; 11
- Kindergarten to COD Play: Friday, May 13; 10:30-1 p.m.
- Kindergarten to Morton Arboretum: Thursday, May 23; 9:30-Noon
2014-15 Shift Day Schedule
- Wednesday, September 24 is a Friday
- Thursday, October 16 is a Monday
- Thursday, January 15 is a Friday
- Tuesday, February 17 is a Monday
- Tuesday, May 26 is a Monday
- First Window: March 9-March 27
- Second Window: April 27-May 22
Professional Learning Calendar
For our first round of committee meetings, please attend the committee you were on last year. We'll then make any adjustments for 2014-15. Look for more information via links below in the coming weeks:
- BLT- TBD
- Instructional Team- Tuesday, September 23
- Wellness- Monday, September 22
- Tech Team- Wednesday, October 15
- Foundations Team- Tuesday, October 28
- Aid meetings- TBD
- Lunch & Learns (optional); Blogging- Thursday, October 2
Lowell Guidelines for Success
The Lowell Community Takes FLIGHT
Focus on Success
Love to Learn
Honor Hard Work
- Think it Through
Getting rid of something? Need something?
Check it out!
Thanks to Taylor Nosalik for sharing the visual from this article below!