The Library @PHS
Come In and Collaborate
AVAILABLE TOPICS FOR YOU AND YOUR STUDENTS
- TEL-Tennessee Electronic Library—A virtual library w/70 databases that can be accessed anywhere
- Britannica Online—Encyclopedia articles, multimedia, primary sources, games, and other learning resources to support learning and standards
- Student Livebinder—A livebinder that is geared for student use with a variety of learning tabs such as research, all subject areas, apps, and more
- Card Catalog—We can show the students how best to search on our catalog system
- Google Searches-We can show the students some tips to make searching easier and less time consuming
- Google Drive-We can show the students how Drive works and what can be accomplished using Drive
Media Center Events
The Breakfast Club-Student book club
We will meet once a month to read and discuss the following books:
· As Red as Blood by Salla Simukka
· A World Without You by Beth Revis
· Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
· We Were Liars by Emily Lockhart
· Cinder by Marissa Meyer
· Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
On September 17-the Club met and discussed "A World Without You". Discussions happened while eating McDonalds and donuts.
Next meeting will be November 21 @7:30 A.M. in the Media Center to discuss "Chains".
The Dinner Club-Teacher book club
Everyone is invited to join us! You can come and go as you please. You can read one book and not the next. Just pop in when the next book is of interest to you.
These are the books we are reading next—
- The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens
- Gone Without a Trace by Mary Torjussen
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker
- Dark Places by Jillian Flynn
- Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
*The last meeting was September 18 (Parent Conference Night). The group had supper and discussed The Life We Bury. It was a great night of socializing and discussions.
**October 30 meet at Chilis in Gallatin and discuss Gone Without a Trace
***November 28 meet in the library at 4:00 to discuss The Storyteller
***December 20 meet for lunch immediately after school lets out at 11:00 at Colorado Grill in White House to discuss Same Kind of Different as Me
***January 20 meet at Subway in Portland @4:15 to discuss Orphan Train
***February 20 meet in the library (Parent/Teacher night) for dinner around 5:00 and discuss Dark Places
***March 19 meet at Panera in Gallatin 4:15 to discuss Half Broke Horses
***April 24 meet in the library @4:00 with your favorite finger food to discuss Before We Were Yours
The Library @PHS Website
The library website can be accessed through the PHS app. Tap "Resources", then "Library". This takes you to our Weebly website. From there anyone can search the site as if on a desktop. There is now a tab for "Teacher Book Club".
Banned Books Week
STEM in the Library
Teen Read Week
Monday, Oct. 16th, 8am to Friday, Oct. 20th, 11pm
600 College Street
Susan and I are here to help you. We would be glad to help with research, the use of the technology in the library and lab, or to help your students check out books. If you want to do a project that is different, give us the idea and we will help you plan. We are willing to come to your PLCs to show you what is available in the library for your subject area.