October 9, 2015
We are excited about the upcoming Science Fair! The deadline for submitting your proposal is Oct. 16.
Bonus points will be given to the lowest Science Test Score in 2nd quarter for participation!
Upcoming items to put on your Radar
- We are in need of empty Pringles cans for a science project we'll create in November. Please send in your full sized Pringles cans as you finish eating them!
- Colonial Day will be December 18th! We dress up for this, so I've included some pictures of some dressed up in the past. . . Please know there are many ways to dress up and don't all require spending money. HOWEVER, if you plan to purchase your child's costume, you may want to watch the Halloween sales to get the costumes inexpensively.
End of Quarter Drawing
- Thank you for sending in items for our big ticket drawing! We gave out tons of prizes to our ticket winners for the quarter. We will do this again at the end of the next quarter!
- This is the first quarter we've ever taught that EVERY STUDENT has earned an E or an S on their report card under conduct! No N or U will go home in conduct for the first nine weeks! Way to go Superstars!
Headphones for specials
- If you've not been able to turn in an extra set of headphones, in a labeled ziploc bag for specials, please do so, or let us know you can't get them. . . I can order some for students who are unable to purchase at this time.
From Ms. Fenwick
Spelling: New spelling list this week with the test being on Friday!
Reading: We will be continuing our first novel study of the book The Sign of the Beaver! The students will continue to read their own individualized selections for their Genre Bingo Card--we have started over for the new 9 weeks. No Wordly Wise this week! Don't forget that a Reading Check-In on eCLASS is due every Friday under Second Nine Weeks.
Writing: We will be focusing on compound predicates this week using a mentor sentence we found in an Anansi the Spider story we read together, How Spider Got a Thin Waist. We will continue working on our letters from the point of view of the explorers we have been researching.
From Mrs. Turner
- Math: Multiplication Unit 1 Test is October 16. Please continue reviewing math facts and homework as we go. The new system of putting the date the classwork box was taught is also up and running. Please remember students are not behind on classwork until 2 school days after the classwork box was taught. (Currently boxes 1-6, and 8 have been taught and choice boxes are open)
- Don't forget TenMarks is due every Friday. (I've already loaded next week's assignments for students to work on if you want to get ahead.) https://www.tenmarks.com/student
- SS: We will start Explorers next week and it will be a fast turn around. Test is October 23rd.Additional resources for study may be found at: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/social-studies.html
- Science: We are working on weather and introduced it this week. Test will be October 28. Additional resources for study may be found at: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/science.html
- Please join quizlet for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner: https://quizlet.com/join/Zyu8JdY4S AND https://quizlet.com/join/nxQx2fuGm
- Please join remind for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner (we'll send out subject specific items as well as homeroom items so join both!)
- Check our Google calendar and website often for dates, resources, and information! fenwickturner.weebly.com
- Curriculum Night questions are answered on our website. http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/forms--links.html