Shawnee Mission New Teachers 2018
Creating Digital Content and getting to know Mac & iPad
The new FILES folder and what it means for iPad and Mac
Productivity: Tips and tricks for using your Mac and iPad
Log in using your Apple ID. Start with either Badges for Mac or Badges for iPad. You will see a series, they are in a suggested order. Choose Getting start for example. when you get to the page, scroll down and download the iBook to read. when you have read it and practiced the various tasks, take the 5 question quiz to earn your first badge. By the way, you can take the quiz as many times as you want. I do this in my tech class at KSU and my students indicated it takes 30 minutes to an hour to complete each badge.
I guarantee you will learn a ton, even experienced users will learn some new tricks.
iPAD STARTER GUIDE IOS 11
Download the iBook for the iPAD STARTER GUIDE IOS 11
MAC STARTER GUIDE FOR SIERRA
Download the iBook for Mac Starter Guide for Sierra
Make sure you are on Home
Hide your desktop icons with one click
Consider using TweetDeck
Links to resources, examples and how-to's discussed today
TinyTap - Educational Games and Interactive Lessons
TinyTap invites your child to discover educational games, handmade by teachers and publishers worldwide, discover content in your language and about what matters to you. Best for language and math learning, personalized education, assessments and projects.
Explore educational activities in:
it is a website and an app.
- WEBSITE: http://www.tinytap.it
- APP: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tinytap-moments-into-games/id493868874
A school district in Texas, Deer Park ISD had hundreds of TinyTaps created and they are easy to find, they always put dpisd in the title. So just search for dpisd and you will find them.
NEARPOD: Simply amazing
Nearpod is a must have platform that enables teachers, schools and districts to create engaging learning experiences by providing interactive presentations, collaboration, and real-time assessment tools into one integrated solution. With the Nearpod iOS teachers create immersive learning experiences across iPads, iPhones iPods and Macs including VR, 3D objects, PhET simulations and so much more.
Adobe Spark page
- A Students Research Report: https://slate.adobe.com/a/78KQK/
- Design with Fractals-Nature's DNA https://spark.adobe.com/page/HogaMjEdmNTfr/
- Kindergarten Newsletter to Parents: https://spark.adobe.com/page/CkzPZn7MIxki7/
- A Review of Cats: https://slate.adobe.com/a/2J6kK/
- iPad Monthly PD Newsletter: https://slate.adobe.com/a/R94Rx/
- Adopt A Dog: https://slate.adobe.com/a/73Knv/
- The Unpleasantness of TouchScreens: https://slate.adobe.com/a/20Kw9/
- Do's & Don't of Infographic Design https://spark.adobe.com/page/GgYWxC7JMfNYB/
More examples from KSU Education Majors on Padlet
Adobe Spark VIDEO
Examples from KSU education majors
Fall 2017: https://padlet.com/ded318/sparkvideofall2017
Summer 2017: https://padlet.com/ded318/3hkdxhja0vdh
Spring 2017: https://padlet.com/ded318/oku4qlkrt31u
Assessment tools: different ways to do assessment
https://www.socrative.com Visualizing student
understanding has never been easier
https://edpuzzle.com Make any video your lesson
Pick a video, add your magical touch and track your students' understanding
https://quizizz.com Get your students excited about learning.
https://goformative.com Student Growth Made Easy
Free yourself to teach while we handle the classroom data.
https://info.flipgrid.com Controlled Social learning for everyone.
Visual Information through Infographics
What is an Infographic and how can it be used in the classroom?
Infographics are visual representations of information. They can include numbers, text, images, or any combination of the three. Just as in traditional writing assignments, infographs can take on any of the various rhetorical modes — informative, instructive, descriptive, persuasive, etc. Infographics provide authors with a quick way to convey a lot of information.
Want to make a seemingly mundane topic more interesting? Check out this infographic on cremation. Who knew that you could have your ashes stuffed into a teddy bear for your loved ones? Definitely, something to consider. Notice that this infographic does include sources, although they may not be in MLA or APA format. This, though, is something you can require of your students if you assign an infographic writing assignment.
Examples from KSU Education majors
Fall 2017: https://padlet.com/ded318/384kkqy930a8
Summer 2017: https://padlet.com/ded318/ly7z7czf5fdd
Spring 2017: https://padlet.com/ded318/infographicspring2016
Keynote on your iPad & Mac, you know it is FREE, right?
7 Strange Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do In Keynote by Carl Hooked of Hooked On Innovation Check out how to...
- Make your own icons
- Create a Choose-your-own-Adventure story
- Make powerful Infographics
- Create a Color Pop effect with black & white images
- Design art for a Children’s book
- Create a GameShow Spinner (as seen on Jimmy Fallon)
- Recreate the Stranger Things opening title animation
- 10 Apple Keynote tips: Apple Keynote can create amazing slides for your presentations. Here we look at the 10 best Keynote tips around.
- Learn: Keynote iPad starter Guide for IOS
- Learn: Keynote Starter Guide for Mac High Sierra
- 10 tips on how to make slides that communicate your idea, from TED’s in-house expert
Looking for a great stylus for your iPad and phone?
The Apple Pencil is awesome and is setting a VERY high standard for other stylus to live up to, but it is expensive and only works with iPad Pros. I love my Apple Pencil but at 100 bucks, I am always worried about losing it.
I know you can buy a rubber tip stylus for a few bucks, they don't last very long and just are clunky when writing or drawing. At $39.99, the Pinpoint Precision X2 is more than half the price of the Apple Pencil. And it is also compatible with all iPads, all iPhones, and other devices like Android.
I have had mine for a couple months now and I am very impressed. Absolutely worth the price.
- Works with the majority of iOS & Android devices on the market
- Adjustable carbon tip improves overall writing accuracy & even compatibility on devices with screen protectors
- Designed for long-term, comfortable use
- Writes accurately over an impressive 120º wide angle
- Quickly rechargeable
- Automatic shut off when not in use
Or from Amazon