20 Years Leading the PACK
FOURTH GRADE RECOGNITION PLANS
Dear Fourth Grade Families,
Thank you for your support and understanding in regard to postponing our recognition parade until Monday. Please see below for more information in regard to Monday's parade.
- Fourth grade students are invited to participate in a recognition parade.
- The parade has been rescheduled for 11:00 AM on Monday, June 8th.
- To avoid congestion on Route 73, please do your best to follow the following schedule:
11:00-11:20: Students with a last name between A-H
11:20-11:40: Students with a last name between I-P
11:40-12:00: Students with a last name between Q-Z
- Please enter our parking lot, stay to the right (similar to car line), and follow the outer edge of the parking lot to the front of the building.
- Please stop briefly near the entrances to our gym to exchange materials.
- Afterwards, please continue along the parade route and stop briefly when you arrive at your child(ren)'s classroom teacher. Please open your trunk or storage area so s/he can place a small gift inside.
- Please remember to be the “I” in “KIND” and respect others by social distancing.
- If interested, please decorate your car.
Thank you for your support, collaboration, and patience! We're looking forward to seeing our Worcester Wolves!!
Brian G. Shaffer
Principal, Worcester Elementary School
Good Citizenship Award
- High levels of excellence and dedication to both the school and community
- Outstanding personal accomplishments and achievements
- Respect and admiration of fellow students and educators
Claire and Grace - Thanks for demonstrating our school wide beliefs of respect, responsibility, safety, and kindness! Your awards will be inside a special gift bag that will be distributed during our recognition parade on Monday, June 8th.
A special thanks to our Home and School for their support with creating these gift bags not only for both Claire and Grace, but for our entire 4th grade!
RETURN OF STUDENT AND SCHOOL MATERIALS
Directions for Picking Up Student Belongings and Dropping Off School Materials
1. Student materials will be picked up on Monday, 6/8, OR on Tuesday, 6/9. Please enter our parking lot and form a line in front of the building (similar to our car line).
2. Please place items that need to be returned inside a box and place the box inside your trunk or storage area. Please return library books, instruments, chromebooks, and/or chromebook charging cords.
3. Please see below for the times that have been allotted for each class. With the exception of fourth grade, each classroom has been assigned to a forty-five (45) minute interval. Fourth grade students have been scheduled according to their last names.
4. Please create a large window sign that includes the following information: last name of student(s), grade level, and teacher(s). For example, Smith - 4th - Hyman.
5. When you see a staff member approaching, please put your car in park, display your window sign in the passenger window, and open the trunk or storage area. Please do not get out of the car.
6. A staff member will remove the box of items that are being returned and place your child(ren)’s personal items inside.
A Note from Mr. Shaffer
Thank you for making my ninth year as a principal one of the most enjoyable years of my life! I am honored to be a member of the Worcester community and look forward to another exciting year! I remain confident that our teachers, staff, students, and families will come together to make the best of whatever the circumstances may be in the fall in order to provide our Worcester Wolves with the best possible educational experience. As we embark on the last week of the year, please encourage your child(ren) to complete the fun, review, closure activities that have been posted inside their Google Classrooms.
Staying connected . . . Thank you to all of the families who participated in our Flipgrid activities over the last few weeks! Please see the link below for our staff music video, a special messages from our fourth grade friends, and farewell wishes from both students and staff. If you would to like to add a farewell message, please click the green plus sign using the link identified below. We'd also love to hear more from our fourth graders . . . if interested, please add a video by using the link that was sent by your classroom teachers.
- Staff Music Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-NuCHyFJZKesKCBVxZJGMcCST89N3PHC/view
- 4th Grade Video: https://flipgrid.com/+snyder7941
- Farewell Messages: https://flipgrid.com/cedd3ec3
Stay well, keep connected, and let's all remember to smile!
With Sincere Thoughts,
Principal Shaffer (and the Worcester Team)
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. SNYDER
As I am typing this, I am struck that this is my last all-school email to you this school year. My heart feels such a mix of emotions right now. I feel sad that I can’t properly say goodbye to our students with my typical well wishes, waves, and hugs. I feel angry about the racial violence and the death and destruction occurring in our world. I also feel happy that summer is around the corner. And I feel hopeful that our children are learning the beauty of compassion, empathy, and resilience amidst our world’s pandemic, our country’s racial injustices, and even our local horrific weather this week. Just hours after Wednesday’s damaging storm tore through our area, my oldest child, Abbie, graduated from North Penn High School. The night ended with bright skies and even a rainbow. This strengthened my belief that as a community we will come through these storms stronger, wiser, and more connected than ever before. Please join me and my family in watching the 60-minute special "Coming Together: Standing Up to Racism A CNN/Sesame Street Town Hall for Kids and Families" that will air on Saturday, June 6, at 10 a.m. This show will talk to kids about racism, the recent nationwide protests, embracing diversity, and being more empathetic and understanding. Here is the link:
Goodbye, for now. Please know that you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org throughout the summer.
A Special Thank You to . . .
WARREN & SPENCER
UPDATE FROM OUR BAND DIRECTOR, MRS. DIRENZO
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. SCHWARTZ
You are totally rocking it in Art! I hope everyone is having fun with all of the art lessons. Thank you to all the students who shared their art projects with me. I am so proud of our students' work so I created an art gallery slideshow for all to enjoy. I look forward to seeing you and posting more of your artwork.
Wishing you all well,
- Kindergarten = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vTq9SQdIApOnqJSb9xBkifRDE25_ljmMBYsfrRl3_lb3KxhUWoSZgrAie7kyYjKbLnJhAk6MPb5zhs8/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.g7fc8f8c816_0_196
- First = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQsZNV82YwvsuIie2HGsrdLCHssnOx8il6Mqn5fx2CUyXWhFAXkRqWzy63Trfl_yR5S6_xgFn5r3LQF/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.g83a46fcc4e_0_365
- Second = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vRGquUHYGXGF4mdOnksyJNd104_h1N7d8PwSi02zjNQ8RJ9K5Ykd3-LyUDHhqIReA04IZ8QlDDKzubg/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.g83f92cd9af_1_62
- Third = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQvnr85MWkSVuoTsutkrUQQiUfe_IWKucC2GwUKwju7kHXWTwcwJN_kCRYkqwij1exCtgEoRlaB4Z5-/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.g74cdb4cb9f_0_168
UPDATE: FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN
On Monday, April 27, the Methacton School Board of Directors heard a presentation pertaining to full day kindergarten which is being considered for the 2022-2023 school year. You can see the presentation here: https://youtu.be/IW7c-8svqlk.
The Board is accepting questions or comments through May 31, 2020 in regards to full day kindergarten. Please email to email@example.com.
JUNE 5TH - JUNE 11TH
- June 5th: Cassidy (3rd) and Connor (3rd)
- June 8th: Reese (2nd) and Riley (1st)
- June 9th: Harley (Kindergarten) and Calvin (3rd)
- June 10th: Samant (4th) and Melea (4th)
Let's Remember to be the "I" in KIND
QUESTIONS? EMAIL . . . firstname.lastname@example.org
Worcester School Pledge
Today, I promise to do my best.
I will make safe, respectful, and responsible choices.
I will have a positive attitude, include others, and be a kind friend.
I will be a good role model.
Today, I promise to make our school a better place.
THE ENERGY BUS FOR KIDS BY JON GORDON
BEE the One to . . .
Encourage, Empower, and Inspire
There any many lessons that can be learned from the honeybee. For me, the importance of community and working together for the greater good is the lesson that resonates most!