2nd Grade Music Notes
Our November Learning Goals
- I will be able to identify song form.
- I will be able to sing the words to my concert songs.
- I will be able to demonstrate appropriate concert etiquette.
Our Second Grade Concert is December 15th at 6:30pm
We have been working hard learning songs from Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite. Performance is one of the Indiana State Music Standards and at Joan Martin each grade level has ONE concert a year. This concert is our "test" for the semester and all students will be receiving a grade for their effort and personal best during the concert. Please let Mrs. Amsler know in advance if you have a conflict in schedules so an alternate assignment can be worked out.
Students should wear ‘nice’ dress clothes, preferably in holiday colors (red, green, black, white, silver, gold). Girls- if you choose to wear a dress or skirt it must be AT LEAST knee length and have shorts, tights or leggings underneath. Please do not wear t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, or shirts with writing/logos on them.
The evening of the concert, the school doors will open at 6:00. Students should plan on meeting at 6:15 pm in their classrooms. If you arrive prior to 6:15, please supervise your own children in the gym, as the classroom doors will not be open until that time. Please plan on joining us on the evening of December 15th, at 6:30pm for an exciting musical evening.
Grandparents day is at 2pm on the day of our concert
Nutcracker DVD Information
New Concept Video will be recording our dress rehearsal and will be selling DVDs of our performance. The cost for each DVD is $15 and each child will be featured in the video with a close up, as well as having their names in the credits. We are very excited about this! DVD’s will be delivered after Christmas and are always a special memento of the evening.
If you would like a DVD, please turn in $15 to your child’s teacher. Please send the money in an envelope and include your child’s first and last name, teacher name, and “Nutcracker DVD” on the front of the envelope.
Checks may be made payable to Joan Martin Elementary.
Dates to Remember
- December 15- 2nd grade trip to IBT Nutcracker (10am), grandparents day performance at 2pm, and concert at 6:30pm
- January 24- 1Ba, 1Pe, 1Ti First Grade informances at 6:00pm (grade levels will be split in half, one group goes 24th and other group goes 26th)
- January 26- 1Jo and 1Ev First Grade informances at 6:00pm
- February 24- Fourth Grade Drama Club Performance 6:30pm
- March 16- Fourth Grade CONCERT 6:30pm
- April 11- Third Grade Concert at 6:30pm
- April 25- Fifth Grade Concert at 6:30pm
- May 8-12 Talent Day during Music Class
HELP US GET ENOUGH INSTRUMENTS FOR EVERYONE!
If you didn't get a chance to donate towards our last project, please consider donating towards our new one. You can donate $1 or as much as you are able- every little bit counts! Please consider sharing this link and help support music in OUR school!
You can view our project by clicking on this link: https://www.donorschoose.org/jmmusic