We are off to a fantastic start in Temple ISD; and I could not be more proud of the staff for their hard work and preparation. The energy is high throughout the district and community--you can feel it!
For the first time in many years, we are experiencing an increase in student enrollment. This is exactly the type of news we have been waiting for in Temple ISD. We are currently serving over 120 more students than we were at the end of last year -- and still climbing by the day. Part of this increase is attributed to a lower number of students transferring out of Temple ISD, increases in the number of students from other districts transferring into Temple ISD, academic programming and overall growth in the city of Temple.
This is an exciting time for our district. I want to personally thank each one of you for your support of TISD and our students.
I am proud to be part of Wildcat Nation!
Visit our website to see our completed, current, and future Bond 2015 updates. Thank you to everyone who supported our schools through the bond process!
Beginning of the Year Message to Our Students
Did You Know???
- Temple ISD received 23 Academic Distinctions from the Texas Education Agency.
- The new CTE wing at THS opened this year with 113,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art spaces for agriculture, architecture & construction, audio visual technology, business & finance, career preparation, education, health sciences, hospitality, human services, information technology, public safety, logistics and manufacturing.
- THS students earned more than 636 college credits last year.
- Eighteen THS juniors have signed on to begin their two-year program through the Texas Bioscience Institute at Temple college.
- Hector P. Garcia Elementary was named a national Model PLC school.
- Kennedy-Powell Elementary was named a PLTW Distinguished school.
...Now that you know, please share these exciting accomplishments with others!