Easley Weekly Update
Everything You Need to Know For The Coming Week
December 6, 2020
A Note from the principal
Hello Easley families,
I hope everyone had a good weekend and is ready for the week ahead.
Plan B - Action Needed
The district put out a survey to families to complete indicating your preference for virtual or in person learning, should that be an option in January. Right now we have a completion rate of 38%. Please take a few minutes and access the survey by clicking on the following link: Spring ‘21 Learning Preference Form The deadline for completion is December 18th but the sooner you complete it, the better. This week, we will begin calling families who have not competed the form so please do your best to complete it sooner rather than later.
Families who have already indicated their preference for virtual learning through the Ignite Academy Intent Form will not need to take any action but can change their preference if they choose to do so.
We still have a lot of specific details to work out regarding Plan B and exactly how things will look in terms of class placements and specific teachers; however, here is what I do know at this time:
- Siblings will attend on the same two days.
- We will do our very best to ensure that your child has the same classroom teacher to the extent that is possible.
- If it is not possible for your child to have the same classroom teacher they currently have, then Ignite will assign them to a teacher from their home school, again to the extent possible.
- As of right now, only two Easley classroom teachers will be teaching virtually. Those two teachers will let their families know via Bloomz should that impact your decision to stay virtual or attend in person. As for the other classroom teachers, right now the plan is to return in person but it depends on how many students opt for in person vs remaining virtual. This is why it's important to complete the survey so we can begin planning as soon as possible.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
The District has put together a COVID-19 Data Dashboard <https://www.dpsnc.net/Page/5339> with updated information regarding COVID cases in our district.
Notes from Mrs. Hartley
As winter break approaches, we want our students to be reading as much as possible. As an incentive, anyone who comes to a library book pickup between now and December 17th can pick up one free book per student to keep. These are brand new, high interest titles donated by Book Harvest. Library book pickups are on Monday and Thursdays. For information on how to do library book pickups please see Ms. Hartley’s website at http://easleymedia.weebly.com/distance-learning-physical-books.html or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Food Drive
This holiday season the Easley staff will participating in a food drive. If you wish to donate any non-perishable items, we will have bins available during the school day at front and back entrances to the school. If your family could benefit from the food drive donations, please reach out to Principal Hauser and we can arrange for you to pick-up donated items.
PTA and SIT Meetings
Our next School Improvement Team Meeting is Monday, December 7th at 5:30 PM.
Our next PTA Meeting
Specials Grab Bag Sessions
Fourth Grade Specials Zoom at 1:30 PM on Monday
Fifth Grade Specials Zoom at 1:30 on Tuesday
A Message From Your PTA: Easley PTA Holiday Giving Tree Program
If you would like to participate in the Easley Giving Tree and support another Easley family this holiday season, please use this Amazon Wish List to purchase an item and have it sent directly to the school.
Thank you for making Easley a great community for our children and families.
To purchase PTA memberships or make a donation, please visit: https://easleypta.new.memberhub.store
The District is hosting a series of family academy events with helpful topics such as getting familiar with your digital tools, learning about the new reading curriculum, and positive behavior supports just to name a few.
How May We Help You?
Do you have a question, comment, concern, and aren’t sure who to ask? Please use this form to communicate your needs and we will get back to you ASAP. Front office staff will be monitoring this form throughout the day and will direct your questions to the right individual. Of course you can always reach out to Mr. Bugajski or myself as we are here to support you and our students.
Monday, December 7
- Second Grade “Grab Bag" Session at 1:30 PM - Optional Zoom session with all the specials teachers.
Tuesday, December 8
- Third Grade Specials "Grab Bag" Session at 1:30 PM - Optional Zoom session with all the specials teachers.
Wednesday, December 9
- Wellness Wednesday
Thursday, December 10
- Library Book Pick-up 11:45-12:45 PM
Friday, December 11
- First Grade material pick-up