Leading the pack in education
December 7 Faculty meeting
December 8 5th Grade musical
December 10&11 Data Meetings (bring district Protocols)
December 11 (AM) Team Facilitator Meeting
December 14-18 No TEAM Time
December 14 Vertical Team Cancelled, Cookie Exchange instead
December 15 Holiday Sweater Day (tacky is encouraged, but not required)
December 15 OC Burger Night
December 16 Spelling Bee 8:30-10:30
December 17 Student half-day (Release at 12:30)
December 17 Winter Party Day and Staff Party after they all leave :)
December 18 Student half-day (Release at 12:30), you may leave as soon as all students are dismissed
December 18 All School Sing Along 8:30-9:30, Indoor Snowball Fight for 3rd Grade
December 19-January 3 Winter Break
January 4 Faculty Meeting
January 7 PLC/ART Day
January 8 District Curriculum Walk-though
January 11 Vertical Team Meeting
January 14 Instructional Rounds #3 (really only the second one)
Keep your technology secure during the holidays
We have sent out a message to parents about making sure they bring their laminated cards with them. We appreciate your help in communicating this with parents who do not have these and referring them to the office for a temporary one.
Please continue to make sure parents have their pickup cards. The police said this is one of the best things they like about our school's dismissal for 3 reasons.
1. It reassures parents the person next to them is supposed to be here
2. It highlights individuals who might not need to be on campus
3. It is a very visible signal to the community that there is a system in place to identify people whop are supposed to be here. The police said this is a very strong, proactive, deterrent to those who should not be on campus.
The police were very complementary of our dismissal procedures and I want to encourage your vigilance. If there are any suspicious vehicles around campus, call on the radio immediately so the office can respond quickly. Having everyone be on alert is the best way to make sure only those with a legitimate purpose are on campus.
Please let me know if there is any support you need with any of the above. I will be stationed in the area closest to Scott Drive for the remainder of December, but can come to any spot if needed.
Season of Grace
I have found it to be critical to look for the joy and wonder in the reality of our work. Even if things do not turn out exactly the way we want there is amazing things that do happen because of your efforts and ability to adapt. When we choose look at the growth, progress, and positive results of our hard work, wondrous things will happen. When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it!
What do you make?
BISD Foundation Grant
Every year we have received grants from the Foundation that has made a tremendous impact on our students. Please take the time to consider applying for a grant that impacts our school as a whole. These must be completed by December 11th.
Check out this great story about our amazing students featured in UTA's Shorthorn News!
An elementary choir performed at UTA for the College of Education’s holiday reception.
THESHORTHORN.COM|BY BY KELSEY THOMPSON, THE SHORTHORN STAFF
Pictures of Students
If you would like to add picture to the digital sign just upload the pictures to the following folder:
The Importance of Relationships
Historic discipline referral average at 9 weeks: 356
This year office referrals at 9 weeks: 32
Student attendance continues to increases over last years average (highest HHE rate in past 8 years)
Students at HHE score above district average on 12 of the 16 district CBA's with several subjects and grade levels performing in the top 5 schools in the district!
Reminders and Focus
Our security fence will start construction over the next few weeks. This is part of the bond money and the purpose for this is to increase safety and security.
- Our goal is to be level 3 (or moving close to it) in most areas on the district rubric for TEKS centered teaching. I have seen many great examples of students interacting with the TEKS in class. Be sure to not only post them, but have discussions so that students understand the goal of their learning.
Staff Christmas Party details coming soon!
- 6 hour Gifted Training Update due by December 31st
- Continue to build strong, positive relationships with all the students. Smile often. Choose to see the good and positive. Focus on growth and celebrate often. Nothing is more helpful in the learning process than the effects of trust and joy.
- PLC's should be meeting weekly to answer the 4 questions. Common Formative Assessments should done after mapping out the six weeks, then planning for learning should take place. If you need any support in this, please contact our coaches, Erin, and myself.
- Rigor, relevance, and engagement strategies should be focus on when planning for learning