4th Grade Newsletter
Week 15 (November 16-20)
- Continue reading Behind Rebel Lines.
- Students are required to read the Chapter at home ahead of time. In class we will read it again as a whole group.
- Each chapter has a chapter review. Student are required to do Chapter reviews at home.
- Behind Rebel Lines Test on Thursday and Friday.
- Test will include vocabulary words.
- Multiple Choice
- Short answer
- Total of 50 Questions
- Test on Thursday Nov. 19.
- Capitalization and Punctuation.
- Correct Sentences
- Proper Nouns and Adjectives
- Commas is a series
- incompatible -- (adj) opposed in nature, not able to live or work together
- inconsequential -- (adj) unimportant, trivial
- inevitable -- (adj) certain, unavoidable
- integrity -- (n) decency, honesty, wholeness
Social Studies 4
An exploration of Colonial Life...
- This week students will learn about everyday colonial life by exploring: shop keeping, quilting, name sampling, and bartering through a series of in class activities.
- On Monday students will bring home a "Story of my Name" activity that will require family help to complete. This will be due on Friday 11/20.
- Our Bartering Bazaar on Friday will give students first hand experience in the art of trading. A letter explaining the rules and items needed will come home with your student Friday 11/13 so that families may begin picking items to bring. *Students will need 3-5 gently used or unwanted items to trade. Items will not be returned.