SY 20-21 Waiver Intake Form
National School Lunch Program 9/2020
Note: CEs serving meals under these waivers in SY 2020-2021 prior to the release of this form will not be penalized. However, all CES must submit the form and select the months in which your sites were utilizing these waivers.
Program Year 2020-2021 Meal Distribution Waiver Usage Intake Form
- Non-congregate meal service
- Alternative meal times
- No child present/Parent pick-up
- Offer vs Serve Waiver (for Senior High Schools only)
Below you will find the Intake Form required for notification as well as associated instructions
Note that TDA requires CEs utilizing these waivers to submit monthly updates on waiver usage as well as meal counting and claiming under those waivers. Refer to the instructions for information about these monthly submissions and additional actions that may be required after submission. Also refer to the latest NSLP and CACFP FAQs for additional guidance.
See the information for the followup forms below.
- Bulk Packaged Food Items for Multiple Meal Distribution Form:
- COVID-19 Waiver Monthly Data Submission Form:
Intake Form Confirmation
- CEs will receive a confirmation for the submission of the intake form. Check your SPAM if you do not see the confirmation email.
UPDATED 9/16/2020 Meal Pattern Waiver Option
See Q5 of the FAQs
5. How do I submit a request for one of the meal pattern waiver options?
TDA opted into the USDA-issued nationwide waiver that allows State Agencies to waive meal pattern requirements on a justified and targeted basis during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
TDA has developed a COVID-19 Meal Pattern Flexibility Options Intake Form. This Intake Form allows CEs opt in to one or more of the following meal pattern flexibility options during Fall 2020:
• COVID-19 Child Nutrition Program Meal Pattern Flexibility
o CEs may select this option to request flexibilities available in meeting the required meal pattern requirements due to procurement (supply chain disruptions), staffing, or storage/packaging issues.
• Age/Grade Group Meal Pattern Waiver for NSLP and SSO
o CEs may select this option to waive age/grade group requirements at sites that are experiencing challenges implementing the age/grade group requirements due to student safety and access concerns.
• COVID-19 Milk Variety Notification
o CEs may select this option to notify TDA if the CE intends to waive the requirement of offering two types of fluid milk at meal service through December 31, 2020.
Parent Pick Up W/O Student Present
Selection of choices provided in the intake form:
- Official letter/email/electronic school application from school or child care facility listing children enrolled
- Individual student report cards
- Attendance record from parent portal of the school website, printed or electronic, that includes the child names.
- Birth certificates for children not in school
- Student ID cards
- Other official ID issued by a child care facility.
School Nutrition Program Questions?
- Submit Questions at the link provided.
- These questions are for R6 ESC CN Specialists to review and provide answers to CEs. All questions are anonymous.
This guidance is not considered all-inclusive.
- Please see squaremeals.org for further guidance.
- Note: If TDA makes changes to the website direct links in this announcement may become void.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. This program is funded by the USDA.