The Generals' Update
Your guide to DDE events and announcements: 11/21/2021
THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
- Monday, 11/22: 11:40am Early Dismissal-Conferences
- Tuesday, 11/23: 11:40am Early Dismissal-Conferences
- Tuesday, 11/24: 11:40am Early Dismissal
- Thursday, 11/25 & Friday, 11/26: No School
For a comprehensive view of all sports, activities, and events, use the DDE Calendar of Events.
Please click the below link for information on Parent/Teacher Conferences.
8TH GRADE ANNOUNCEMENTS!
GRADUATION GOWN ORDERS: A representative from Kilbourne & Kilbourne will be at school on Wednesday, December 1st to measure all 8th grade students for their graduation gown during their lunch period. An order form was sent home with your son/daughter today. You may also use the link 2022 Graduation Gown Order Form to print out the form.
Please be sure to send in the completed form along with a check for payment made out to Kilbourne & Kilbourne on December 1st.
DIPLOMA NAME VERIFICATION-DEADLINE NOVEMBER 30TH
A form is available on the Genesis Parent Portal for you to communicate how you would like your child’s name displayed on his/her 8th grade graduation diploma.
Please follow these instructions:
- Log on to your Genesis Parent Portal account for your 8th grade student.
- Click on the "Forms" tab.
- Click on the form entitled "DDE Student Names for Diplomas."
- Click into form and follow the instructions to complete.
Please note, once the form is submitted, you cannot go back and make changes. Diplomas will be ordered based on the information you provide.
DEADLINE TO COMPLETE THE FORM IS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2021. If we do not receive a completed form for your child by November 30th, we will use his/her first and last name as listed in GENESIS.
Important information regarding some high school opportunities you may wish to explore with your child can be found here! These are optional programs your child may have an interest learning about.
Freehold Regional High School District-Magnet and IB Programs.
Please see the following letter from the FRHSD as it pertains to their Magnet program opportunities. There are direct links full of information for you to click on and browse with your child. Letter to 8th Grade Parents_Guardians Class of 2026.pdf
- Please visit the FRHSD Magnet Site for all information: https://bit.ly/3jotoO7
Monmouth County Vocational School District-Program Information
If your child is interested in one of the Monmouth County Vocational School District Academies including High Tech, Bio Tech, MAST, Allied Health and Communications please visit their website https://www.mcvsd.org/admissions/career-academy-admissions/
- For information on Career Academies in the Monmouth County Vocational School District, please visit - https://www.mcvsd.org/schools/
- To register for an information session please visit https://www.mcvsd.org/admissions/information-sessions-open-house/
Yearbooks on sale for $45
As part of our continuing efforts to support our students, Eisenhower Middle School will be hosting therapy dog visits this year. It is a voluntary program that gives students the opportunity to interact with trained registered therapy dogs while at school.
Please see the attached letter if you wish to have our child opt out. https://bit.ly/3CrGTWx
FRONT OFFICE NEWS
HOW TO REPORT A STUDENT ABSENCE DURING A PANDEMIC
- Your child's name
- State the reason for the absence with specific symptoms. NOTE: Students with symptoms consistent with Covid-19 will be excluded from school per the NJDOH guidelines.
Lunch options will be provided and served grab-and-go. A la carte items will not be available at this time. There will not be any sale of individual water or milk. Students will be sitting at desks in the cafeteria and may remove their mask once they have their lunch and seated at a desk. Once they are finished eating, masks should be put back on.