Post Falls School District Newsletter
It is hard to believe another school year is coming to a close and graduation is on the horizon. I wanted to take a moment to recognize the class of 2022 for their perseverance and achievements. The graduates of both Post Falls and New Vision High School are to be commended for not only reaching the milestone of graduation, but also for future accomplishments not yet achieved. Congratulations to our graduates and best of luck!
~ Dena Naccarato, Superintendent
Department Highlight: Buildings and Grounds
This summer Mike and his team have many updates and repair projects on their schedule. These include new flooring and interior paint at Prairie View Elementary, an office remodel at Post Falls Middle School, resurfacing gymnasium floors, parking lot and playground equipment repairs, and other smaller annual maintenance items.
Students and staff are grateful for the pride Mike and his department show as they ensure PFSD buildings and grounds are safe for everyone.
Buildings and Grounds . . . fun facts!
- 31 employees work in the PFSD Buildings and Grounds Department.
- 821,771 square feet of PFSD buildings and 132 acres of green space are maintained by these hardworking people.
- This department is hiring! The team is looking for an HVAC specialist as well as custodial staff. These positions are full time and include insurance and retirement benefits, too. (More information can be found on the district's employment information webpage)
PFSD Elementary "Stuff the Bus" Food Drive 2022
Post Falls elementary students are giving back to the community in a big way with the Stuff the Bus Food Drive campaign. Please join us in supporting our community by helping us reach our goal of collecting 4800 pounds of food the week of May 31 - June 3. Any non-perishable food donation is appreciated, and most needed items at the food bank include:
- canned meals
- canned fruit and vegetables
- canned or packaged soups
- breakfast cereal
- snack bars
Drop off your non-perishable donations at any Post Falls elementary school. Thank you!
Post Falls High School Graduation
Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 07:00 PM
Post Falls High School, Arena
New Vision High School Graduation
Wed, Jun 8, 2022, 07:00 PM
Post Falls High School, Auditorium
Free Summer Meals: 2022
Free summer meals are available Monday - Friday from June 20 to August 19. (Closed July 4 and 5 for the holiday.) Breakfast and lunch will be served cafeteria style this year, not grab-and-go.
- Ponderosa Elementary = breakfast 8-9AM; lunch 11AM-1PM.
- Seltice Elementary = breakfast 8-9AM; lunch 11AM-1PM.
- River City Middle School = breakfast 7:30-8:30AM; lunch 10:30AM-12:30PM.
- Post Falls High School = breakfast 7:30-8:30AM; lunch 10:30AM-12:30PM.
Check out the Nutritional Services webpage for menus and special events.
2022-2023 Returning Student Online Verification
Parents / Guardians of RETURNING PFSD students will be able to verify their registration information for the 2022-2023 school year. Why complete the online verification?
- Avoid the long August back-to-school registration lines.
- Update student and family contact information.
- Complete all annual paperwork from the comfort of your home.
Watch for more information coming through the district's School Messenger email and posted on the district website next month.
Elementary Research and Robotics Showcase
Our elementary Research and Robotics Showcase was a success and a great learning experience for students!
- Project Presentation – Engineering Eclipse (Mullan Trail)
- Project Research – Cool Cougars (West Ridge)
- Project Innovative Solution – MLTV (Mullan Trail)
- Robot Design – Materials Squad (Treaty Rock)
- Robot Programming – Robot Turtles (Prairie View)
- Robot Game 1st place – The Noodle Family (Seltice)
- Robot Game 2nd place – The Unstoppables (Prairie View)
- Overcoming Adversity – Dripped out Donuts (Greensferry)
- Grand Champion – Replay Reckers (Ponderosa) – see photo above
Congratulations to PFHS student, Ryder Koch!
PFHS Senior Ryder Koch took first place in the 2022 District of Idaho high school video civics contest. Ryder's submission (featured below) will advance to the national contest this summer. Good luck!
Panhandle Symphony Orchestra showcased at PFHS
Open Enrollment Applications
Open enrollment applications are a parent's request for their student to attend a school other than the one for which they are zoned. Per Idaho Code, open enrollments must be requested and approved annually.
Due to growth in the area, it will be unlikely any new out-of-district requests will be approved. In-district applications will be considered on a stringent space-available basis. Parents are responsible for providing transportation to and from school for students who are open enrolled.
Open enrolled students are expected to follow all discipline and attendance policies and regulations. Failure to meet these conditions may result in the revocation of the open enrollment approval. In such an event, the student(s) will return to his/her zoned school.
Forms are available on the district website (link), and hard copies are available at school offices or the district office.
What is North Idaho Connections?
- Health Care
Preparedness Kit Event
Local student Miles Butler is hosting a preparedness kit event on June 6th, from 5 to 7 PM at the Post Falls Public Library. The library staff is organizing the outreach, and Miles is gathering the supplies.
This drive serves to encourage people to put together an emergency kit and helps them obtain the basics as they prepare their families for any unexpected emergencies.
Some of the items Miles hopes to distribute are:
- Small toiletries and hygiene items
- Snacks and bottled water
- First aid supplies (bandages, tape, gauze)
- Small tools (screwdriver, scissors, tweezers)
- Gloves and masks
- Informational materials
- Drawstring or tote bags for storage