Teeland Middle School
Letter from the Principal
Hello Titan Families,
Next week we will have over 750 students enter our doors! The TMS staff is gearing up for a busy year! Some of the changes this year include a mask recommendation, (not a requirement), all in-school learning, a new math curriculum across the district, writing focus across subject areas, and a new elective rotation! These are just a few of the changes from how we operated last year!
One thing that remains the same is the commitment to hold high expectations for all learners while recognizing the importance of social and emotional needs. We will be kind, flexible, listen to family needs, and respect each student individually. TMS staff will keep a positive focus and work hard to make sure your student feels welcome and successful at school.
Thank you for your support as we work together STRIVING towards excellence.
Feel free to call or email me anytime!
Jo Ann Hinds
Teeland Middle School
- August 16 - Preview Night for Students New to Teeland
- August 18 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- August 19 - Cross Country Begins
- August 24 - Soccer Club Begins
- August 25 - First NJHS Meeting
- September 6 - Holiday, Labor Day
- October 1 - PD Day, No School For Students
SchoolPay is integrated with ParentVUE. Here’s how it works:
- Login to your ParentVUE account and select "Fee" on the left side menu.
- Click on the "Pay Fees" button at the top of the page.
- You will be redirected to the SchoolPay website where you can select your items and pay fees electronically with a credit/debit card or electronic check.
- The first time you select "Pay Fees" from the "Fees" menu in ParentVUE, you will be required to do a one-time authentication.
- Fees will be added at the start of school and throughout the year.
- You are not required to store payment information to make payment, but it does make it convenient if you will be making multiple payments throughout the year.
- SchoolPay is PCI-DSS certified (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards).
School Breakfast and Lunches are Free!
*This does not include ala carte items.
We are asking all families to apply/renew their Free and Reduced Lunch applications.
Every application helps fund our school. Thank you!
Free and Reduced applications must be submitted and approved for families to qualify for a 50% reduction in athletic fees. You can access the application HERE.
For all schools, including those who utilize School Dismissal Manager, bus passes must include the following information:
• Student’s name
• Parent and/or guardian’s name
• Parent and/or guardian’s contact phone number (in case of bus emergency)
• Approved bus stop location that the student will be dropped off
You may email Teeland at email@example.com to request a bus pass.
Ms. Olson may be contacted at 907.352.7528 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Bus passes must be received by 12:00 pm for same-day passes.
Pick up or Bus??
Practices are every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:25 -3:45 pm.
The fee is $15.00.
Cross Country Running
Cross-country Running begins August 19, 2021 (the second day of school).
What does a parent or guardian need to do?
- Make sure your runner has a Current Physical on file. Runners cannot participate without a current physical
- Register on PlanetHS.com (physical paperwork can be uploaded here or sent in to TMS digital or hardcopy; JOANN.HUNT@MATSUK12.US
- For questions regarding registration call: 352-7534
- For questions specific to the running program email David.Knopp@matsuk12.us or Rhett.Buchanan@matsuk12.us
- The TMS XC Website is where all information will be posted. Please point your browser to this address and bookmark
- Remember to submit your Free and Reduced lunch application HERE to qualify for 50% off sports fees. Payments are made through SchoolPay or in the office.
Contact Mrs. Hunt with questions at 907-352-7534.
National Junior Honor Society
The first National Junior Honor Society meeting of the year will be on Wednesday, August 25 at 7 AM in the library. NJHS is well known for the many services members provide to their school and community. Twenty new members were inducted last spring. These members will meet approximately every other week to plan activities and service projects. In the past, Teeland’s NJHS has received the THRIVE: Youth in Excellence award. Last year, our NJHS officers were recognized by the Spirit of Youth organization. We are looking forward to all of the great things they will do!