Martin / Gentry Newsletter
What's Going On?
- May 11: Last day to turn in posters for the Spring Carnival Poster Contest!
- May 13: Spring Carnival 4 -8
- May 25 - 27: Space Camp
- May 31: Field Day 12:00 - 1:30 on the NBH Softball Field behind the gym. **We need helpers on this day to help manage kids! If you are able to donate bottled waters/ coolers, that would be awesome! It gets VERY hot out there! I also emailed a list of donations that PE needed. We would greatly appreciate any donations!**
- June 2: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! Early Release Day :)
ELA / Reading
Spelling: No Spelling!!!
- Possessive Pronouns (Quiz on Tuesday)
- Unit Test on Pronouns (Friday)
Wonders Reading Complete Unit 4 Week 3 (Test Tuesday) and begin reading Where the Red Fern Grows.
Skills and strategies for Unit 4 Week 3 can be located in the Reading/Writing Workshop (pp.262-273), Literature Anthology book (pp. 298-315), and the Your Turn Practice Book (pp.171-178). These resources can be accessed on the Connected website. (**See Below)
Comprehension Strategy: Summarize
Comprehension Skill: Author's Point of View
Vocabulary Strategy: Prefixes and Suffixes
Spelling Test-NO TEST!!!
Vocabulary Quiz-No Quiz this Week!
Grammar Quiz on Possessive Pronouns-Tuesday
Unit Test on Pronouns-Friday
Unit 4 Week 3 Cold Read-Tuesday