The Spartan Standard
Creating Coherent Systems That Promote Learning For All
Our Mission: Why We Do The Right Thing
- Academic rigor across the curriculum fostering lifelong intellectual curiousity
- A climate of respect, fairness, equality, and security promoting individual confidence and responsibility
- A culture of collaboration between school, family, and community
- A proactive network of student support
- Exciting, unprecedented opportunities for student involvement
- Creative and artistic expression
- State of the Art Technology
Something to Think About
Mary Rose's Schedule (Subject to Change)
Online Registration Begins
Monday, April 27: PLC Collaboration
8:30 Administrative Professionals Breakfast
9:30 Teacher Mtg.
10:30 Mtg. re: Fields
12:37 Teacher Mtg.
1:40 PLC Collaboration
4:45 E. Leano
6:00 Board Mtg. (Honor Soccer Teams)
Tuesday, April 28: Reverse Minimum Day; CST; Performance Task Discussion
12:10 Teacher Mtg.
3:00 Graduation Speeches @ Rm. 1842
Wednesday, April 29: SBAC (11th Grade classes); Special Schedule Periods 0,1,3,5,7
3:30 Girls Lacrosse vs. OHS
Thursday, April 30: SBAC (11th Grade classes); Special Schedule Periods 0,2,4,6,7
7:00 Classroom visits
Friday, May 1:
3:00 JV Softball vs. SUH; Baseball vs. MVH
Saturday, May 2:
8:00 Saturday School
AP TESTING WINDOW BEGINS
Monday, May 4: PLC Collaboration
8:00 AP Chemistry; AP Environmental Science
Tuesday, May 5: SBAC (11th Grade classes); Special Schedule Periods 0,1,3,5,7
8:00 AP Calculus AB; AP Calculus BC
12:00 Metro Directors Mtg.
5:00 Chula Vista Mayor's Office (MA Proclamation)
Wednesday, May 6: SBAC (11th Grade classes); Special Schedule Periods 0,2,4,6,7
8:00 AP English Literature & Composition
12:00 AP Physics 1
2:50 FAC Mtg. @ New Library
Thursday, May 7:
8:00 AP Spanish Language & Culture
12:00 AP Art History
9:00 Principal PLC
12:37 Dept. Chair Mtg. @ Learning Lab
3:00 Track vs. MVH
Friday,May 8: Out on Conference
8:00 CALSA Conference
8:00 AP US History
Saturday, May 9:
8:00 Saturday School
Happy Administrative Professionals Week--CVH Time!
Kudos, Thanks, and Transitions
- Congratulations to Michelle Spielman--her student did it again! Samantha Chaidez's art work was selected for the 2015 Groff Exhibition: A Juried Exhibition of the Finest High School Art in San Diego County. Her art work will be displayed at SDSU's Downtown Art Gallery from April 22-May 3. Kudos!
- Congratulations to new Dads, Lou Rojas and Christian Nicely!
- The Girls and Boys Soccer Teams will be honored by the Board of Trustees on Monday, April 27 for their CIF and State Championships, respectively. Congratulations again, to Coach Wayne Brewton and Coach Ruben Oliveira.
- Kudos to Tony Atienza for hosting The Southern California Show Choir Invitational Saturday, April 18. There were 17 schools that came to compete.
- A very big thank you to all teachers who helped DiAnne Cabe drive students to a very, very early but special breakfast to signify their acceptance to the ASB as cabinet members. Kudos to John McCourt, Tony Atienza, Matt Asano, Adam Nuncio, Patricia Wheatley, Dawn Arriola, and Aurelio Esparza for waking up extra, extra early to make this day special for next year's cabinet.
- Kudos to the following teachers who showcased their talent and performed at this year's "The Show: Rock of Ages": Ross Mandell and his father, John Mccourt, and Adam Nuncio. Special thanks also go to the staff who assisted in the production and the judging: John McCourt, Matt Asano, and Marcia Bristol.
- It was a special evening for our three students who competed and were honored at the Ben Vereen Awards held at the Balboa Theater. Thank you to the following staff who supported our students: Sharon Maley, Debbie Nevin, Barbara Schroeder, Valerie Ingram, and Charles Batchman.
- Congratulations to Tony Atienza and The Main Attraction! They were recently honored by the Office of Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez for their achievements. Way to go!
We will continue to deepen the implementation of our initiatives. As we walk through, we will give feedback on one of the following:
- Use of Academic Language by students in speaking and writing
- Structured Student Conversations
- Monday: How is the time used to support/enrich student learning experiences?
- Please work on the agenda that you had agreed upon based on your last PLC collaboration.
- A reminder that everyone is expected to stay on campus until the end of the PLC time. Thank you for your professionalism.
- Please consult the handout given during the Pre-Service days if you need clarification on PLC tasks and products. In terms of Unit Planning, the instructional guides should serve as your guide.
- Minutes and products should be uploaded to our CANVAS page. Please see your Curriculum Coach for assistance, if needed.
Thank you for your engagement and hard work!
For The Common Good
- WASC Visiting Committee Report: The VC Report highlights will be reported to all staff in Smore format. Thank you for your patience.
- Master Schedule: I am in the midst of getting some more input regarding student placement. Thank you for your patience. The counselors are working very hard. It is MY FAULT that loading the schedule has been delayed. Hilda and the counselors will attempt to load next week.
- Patience: We all need it this time of the year.