The Viking View - Families
Friday, October 16th
From the Desk of Principal Williams
We have been in school for two months! I am so proud of our school community. We have all shown so much growth when it comes to distance learning. I have had the honor of participating in some ZOOM classes and it is so wonderful to see our students and staff learning together.
It is a wonderful feeling to see our students interacting with their teachers and classmates in their virtual rooms. Please continue to support your students by but not limited to;
- Picking up materials that teachers have prepared.
- Ensuring that your student is working on and completing assignments.
- Helping your student wake up and be prepared to learn daily.
- Creating a space for learning that minimizes distractions and is quiet.
- Asking them questions about their work and classroom Zoom meeting.
Everyone at Steele Lane appreciates your continued commitment to your student's success. We would not be able to do this without you!
Enjoy your weekend,
Back to School Night
Our Back to School Night event has been rescheduled to next Thursday, October 22nd at 6PM.
The event will be through a Zoom Webinar. Although our families will be unable to show video or share out loud, they will be able to use the questions and answer feature to interact.
Here is our Back to School Night Event Schedule
- 6:00PM Annual Title I Presentation - All families are invited, but I will be seeking input from our Title I families.
- 6:20PM Principal Message & Back to School Night Presentation LIVE
- All Teacher Back to School Night information will be shared at the end. It will be self-paced. Families will be able to view it at their own convenience.
**Zoom Webinar information will be shared on Thursday, October 22nd prior to the event in Parent Square.
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.
A message to the students of Steele Lane From Principal Williams
We have recently experienced many interruptions to how we teach and learn due to natural disasters like fires and, more recently, a global virus that affects how we are able to interact safely with one another face-to-face. As a result, our community has had to change how we do school. This has been a challenging learning curve for all involved, but by sharing our ideas we can try to improve teaching and learning experiences for everyone.
As a student, your voice and experience are important. Your responses will help us understand your needs and plan for ways to make school the best it can be for all students.
Please share in the way that makes the most sense for you. Possible options include: letter, poem, song, painting, drawing, video, or other medium of your choice. Responses will not be graded--we only want to hear from you!
All responses should be sent to your school site principal by November 1, 2020.
Thank you for your valuable feedback and voice,