3rd Grade Bobcat Newsletter
Weekly Update - October 17-21
Skills for the Week
- Identify situations using repeated groups in real life
- Analyze and choose different strategies to solve multiplication problems in different situations
Language Arts Skills
- Story of the Week: Go West!
- Targeted Reading Skill: Main Idea and Details
- Spelling List: Three Letter Blends
- Grammar: Singular and Irregular Plural Nouns
- Writing: We will brainstorm ideas that support a personal narrative. Students will begin writing fall-themed "hooks" and "SOCs" which grab the reader as well as describing a Setting, Object, or Character.
- Identify the three states of matter and classify matter into these categories based on physical properties
- Determine the property of magnetism by conducting an investigation and interpreting data.