Ms. Kang's Update
Dear Field Families...
Good evening families! Please read below for a few updates:
Upcoming Dates for Reopening
- Remote Learning for everyone.
March 29 (Mon)
- Asynchronous Day
March 30 (Tue)
- Asynchronous Day
March 31 (Wed)
- No school
April 1 (Thurs)
- K-2 Teachers' official day back on site. Students stay remote.
- Spring Break
- K-2 Students' official day back on site.
- 3-5 Teachers' official day back on site. 3-5 Students stay remote
April 20 (Tues)
- 3-5 Students' official day back on site.
If you have not filled out your teacher's document/form, please do so as soon as possible, like today.
If you have not received communication about this from your teacher, please reach out to him/her.
Explanation of the 3 types of cohorts:
Cohort X = up to 14 in-person students on Tuesday and Wednesday
(If needed, there will be a) Cohort Y = up to 14 in-person students on Thursday and Friday
Cohort Z = All students who are finishing the year remotely
Paper Tutoring Challenge!! [3rd-5th grade only]
Between the 24th - 31st of March, students will be encouraged to submit a piece of writing for feedback through Paper Tutoring's Essay Review for the chance to win a prize. Students can also submit feedback about Paper for a chance to win an additional prize. Here are the prizes, provided by Paper Tutoring:
- 75 Students will be randomly selected out of all students who submit and download their reviewed essay during competition time for a $5 gift card.
- 25 students who also complete a google form with feedback about their essay review will be randomly selected to receive a $10 gift card.
- 15 Teachers with the most essays submitted for their classes will receive a $15 Amazon gift card.
- Principals (one high, middle, and elementary) with the biggest improvement in essay review submissions during the week will receive a Paper T Shirt.
The item students submit for the Essay Review doesn't have to be a current assignment and we encourage every student to submit, and for any content area.
If you haven't had a chance to use Paper Tutoring yet, please check it out with your child. It is located on your child's Clever Dashboard. They provide help for all subjects and guide students through problems rather than simply giving the answer.
Click here for more information about this free service!
Student PUSD Log-in Credentials
- [1st char of last name capitalized, 2nd char of last name lowercase] + [Last 4 digits of student ID] + [1st char of first name capitalized, 2nd char of first name lowercase] + [2 digit birth month] + [2 digit birth day]
- Example: Henry Monroy (born 08/19/2001) = Mo1234He0819@pusd.us
- You can also find the email on Parent Portal.
- [First letter of first name capitalized] + [First letter of last name lowercase] + [6 digit student ID]
- Example: Eliud Garnica (student ID 991234) = Eg991234
If you are a returning student and cannot log in, you will need to reset your password. Contact Ms. Carol or Ms. Amanda to assist.