AMS Family News Letter
May Newsletter 2020
Thank you Parents
We know the last few months have been difficult and unprecedented times, but we hope the end is near! We value all of the hard work in continuing our students' educational journey. Our Staff and Community applaud you for stepping in as our students' teacher with our new Home Learning Plans. We could not have done it without all of your support!
To our 8th Graders, we hope everyone is excited about your new journey into high school and know that we will all be cheering for your many successes! Just remember that although we were unable to show our appreciation in person, but once a Knight, Always a KNIGHT!
To our 7th Graders, our 8th graders have set the bar high and we cannot wait to hopefully see you in the fall to continue your journey toward high school. We have exciting new classes to help develop your skills needed in your future educational plans.
Parents, if you have any questions please call 317-226-2345 and we will respond promptly or you can email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for all you do!
J. Edge, Principal Arlington Middle School.
Student Locker Clean Out (8th Grade ONLY)
Book Return and Locker Clearance for 8th Grade ONLY
All material will be bagged and labeled. Parents will be able to pick up material from door 1 using the following schedule.
Parents will remain in cars and staff will bring bagged items out to cars.
Monday, June 2nd:
A – F 9 to 11
G – N 11 to 1
M – Z 1 to 3
Tuesday, June 3rd
A – M 9 to 12
N – Z 12 to 3
Wednesday, June 4th
Any remaining pickups 9 to 12
Indianapolis Public Schools Postsecondary Readiness Home Learning Curriculum Support
As a district, we are committed to supporting our students and their families through meaningful home learning opportunities. One way we plan to support you is through Naviance Student- an educational platform where students can discover personal interests and research careers, colleges, and scholarships.
Watch this brief video from the IPS Postsecondary Readiness Team to learn more about Naviance!
The following list of Naviance activities can be completed at home on a computer, phone, or iPad with internet connection and a username and password. Your child has completed many of the activities included below with their counselor or social worker this school year and can now work on their task for April 6- May 1. Activities include suggested a core task and its outcomes, supplemental lessons, and Naviance Student reflection ideas.
Naviance Activity: these core tasks have been assigned to your student to complete by grade level and are a part of your Postsecondary Readiness preparation for 8th grade.
- The links for all the Naviance Activities will take you right to the Naviance task, all you need to do is make sure you are logged in to your Naviance account and then click the link!
Expected Outcome(s): these quick 10-20 min activities are meant for your students to make connections and apply new knowledge they learned from the core Naviance task.
Supplemental Lessons: these additional lessons will provide more information, exploration opportunities, and exposure to your students as they continue to explore their post-secondary options.
- To access the Supplemental Lessons, log into your Naviance Student account and scroll to the bottom. Click to open the Naviance College, Career and Life Readiness Curriculum. Search for the lesson by title.
Family Engagement: these reflection questions and ideas are meant to help you initiate meaningful conversations with your student about what they have learned.
To access Naviance Student, students should log in via Clever. Follow these login instructions to access your Naviance Student account through Clever.
For additional support on login or password information, please contact your school counselor or social worker via their IPS email address.
For additional support about the tasks, please contact your school counselor or social worker via their IPS email address.
IPS and Gleaners Join Forces to Feed Students, Families
Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) has partnered with Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, Inc., to provide additional nutritional support for all IPS students and families in central Indiana during the COVID-19 health crisis.
IPS buses will pick up and deliver Gleaners’ meal packages to 25 locations throughout the city. Distribution will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Mondays and Fridays, beginning Friday, March 20. Families will receive one 17-pound box of food, which includes a variety of non-perishable meal-making items to supplement their daily nutrition.
Distribution sites are:
- Anna Brochhausen School 88, 5801 E. 16th St.
- Arlington Middle School, 4825 N. Arlington Ave.
- Francis Bellamy School 102, 9501 E. 36th Place
- Clarence Farrington School 61, 4326 Patricia St.
- Daniel Webster School 46, 1450 S. Reisner St.
- Ellenberger Park, 5301 E. St Clair St.
- George W. Julian School 57, 5435 E. Washington St.
- John Marshall Middle School, 10101 E. 38th St.
- Jonathan Jennings School 109, 6150 Gateway Drive
- Henry W. Longfellow Medical/STEM School 28, 510 Laurel St.
- Stephen Foster School 67, 653 N. Somerset Ave.
- Tindley Summit Academy (formerly T.C. Steele School 98), 3698 Dubarry Road.
- Center for Inquiry School 2, 725 N. New Jersey St.
- Center for Inquiry School 84, 440 E. 57th S.
- Cold Spring School, 3650 Cold Spring Road
- Crispus Attucks High School, 1140 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Ernie Pyle School 90, 3351 W. 18th St.
- Francis W. Parker School 56, 2353 N. Columbia Ave.
- IPS Butler University Laboratory School 55, 1349 E. 54th St.
- James A. Garfield School 31, 307 Lincoln St.
- Rousseau McClellan School 91, 5111 Evanston Ave.
- Shortridge High School, 3401 N. Meridian St.
- Susan Roll Leach School 68, 2107 N. Riley Ave.
- Edison School of the Arts, 777 South White River Pkwy West Drive
In addition to the partnership between IPS and Gleaners, the IPS Food Service team will continue to distribute pre-packaged meals through the district’s Spring Break, March 23-April 3 from 14 IPS schools and two apartment complexes. IPS will keep families informed as details are confirmed about extended meal distribution plans per the recent state mandated school closure through May 1.
For more information about the IPS COVID-19 Response Plan and additional community resources, visit https://myips.org/about-us/covid-19-ips-response-plan/.