We have nearly 500 scholars in school learning. Over the last month, we have focused on building relationships and routines as students transitioned back to school. While the masks make it hard to see expressions and smiles throughout the day, we are so happy to have students in person. We can still hear laughter and have become great at interpreting facial movement and eye signals.
We thank you for your help with the former congestion at parent pick-up.
- Please drive slowly as you pick up students in the student pick-up lanes and remain in your car.
- Parents can also park and wait for students by the flagpole.
- The main lot where buses park is closed to cars from 3:40 pm to 4:00 pm.
- This is a safety measure as we can't have anyone walking between buses.
Please click on the button below to learn about Blended Learning and E-Learning in the event of a school closure. Please see upcoming conference information and updates from each grade level. Your partnership is valued and appreciated!
Stevenson Elementary Principal
Fall Conferences October 19th and 20th!
- Oct 19th 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Oct 20th 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thank you for your participation.
Health Office Update
2021 Fridley Kid's Apple Run
The 2021 Fridley Kid's Apple Run will be Wed., October 6, 2021 at Commons Park by the pavilion and playground. No pre-registration necessary, just show up 10-15 minutes before your race to sign-up at the pavilion, and then race. All finishers will get an apple at the finish line, compliments of Bob's Produce and the Fridley Cross Country Team. The first race will be the 5-6 girls at 4:00p.m., followed by 5-6 boys, then 3-4 girls, 3-4 boys, and finally k-2 girls, and k-2 boys. The race is free. Races should start approximately every 15 minutes,(15 min. in between the 5-6 races, and 10 min. in between 3-4, and 10 min. in between the K-2 races,) and we usually end around 5:15p.m. The Fridley 7-12 grade Cross Country team organizes and runs this great event with the support of Bob's Produce and North Suburban Striders. We hope to see you there! Sincerely, Coach Fisher
How can you support Stevenson PTO?
- Attend the monthly meeting from the comfort of your own home over Google Meets (Oct 14th)
- Support the fundraisers! Charleston Wrap is ending and Butterbraids are kicking off Nov 18. Penny Wars is in the works!
- Make a donation! In lieu of fundraisers, families can make a small donation! Every dollar counts! Penny Wars is in the works!
- Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
This (virtual) PTO meeting will be on October 14th from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Grade Level Updates!
Kindergarteners are having fun learning about colors, exploring numbers 0-5, and discovering how each of us are unique.
Some of the 1st grade classes took a walking field trip down to Islands of Peace Park. We explored nature, talked about the Mississippi River and observed different wildlife. Was a great time outdoors with our friends!
We are getting back into the swing of things in 4th grade. We have started our first unit of math and our first PYP planner, Who We Are; the unit focuses on identifying our rights and responsibilities as students at school, at home, and in our community. We are excited for all the growth and change we will see in our students in the coming months.
Check out our 2021-2022 Family Site!
- Click on names of staff to hear introductions
- Find contact information
- View newsletter and updates
- See resources for grade levels
The Fridley Transportation Department would like to share a Few reminders with you.
· Please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately for the weather.
- · Your child is required to be at the scheduled stop 5 minutes prior to bus pick-up time.
- · If the bus is more than 10 minutes late, your child should go home and call the assigned bus company (see below).
- · Information about late busses is communicated through our messenger program, so please make sure that your contact information is accurate on the Parent Portal.
- If school buildings are closed due to severe weather, the district will communicate by email and phone, and on the district website, local news channels and district social media.
Our Bus Contractors:
· Route #’s 1 – 10: Voigt’s Bus Company 763-571-1241 (then select #2)
· Route #’s 20 – 35: First Student (Champlin location) 763-421-5785
· R & D Transportation (Vans) 763-767-1804 (then select #1)
· Halo Transportation (Vans) 763-432-6806
Thank you and stay safe.
Fridley Transportation Department
Nutritional Services Updates and Changes
Hello Fridley Families-
We are so happy to see students back in the school cafes eating meals with us. Here are a few friendly reminders from the Nutritional Services Department.
- If you have not completed the 2021-22 Application for Educational Benefits, please complete it soon. If approved for free or reduced priced meals, you may qualify for reduced fees activities fees. By completing this form it also provides funding to our school district for reading specialists, para support and other benefits. Applications can be obtained from your school’s main office or can be completed online at https://www.fridleyschools.org/about-us/departments/nutritional-services/meal-applications If you have questions about the application process, please contact Kathy Backstrom at 763-502-5021.
- We are providing free breakfast and lunch to all students this year. Breakfast is offered in the classroom each morning. Lunch is offered in the school café. In order to receive a free meal, your student must take a meal. If your student wants just milk, this is not free and costs $0.55. Please make sure you have money in your students’ lunch account to cover this.
- The district is participating in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Grant program, that allows your students to receive a fresh fruit or vegetable snack every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please ask your student about the fruit or vegetables they have been eating.
- We have menus planned for a month at a time, but please note that the menu can change. We are having trouble getting some of the items we use to make school meals. Just like you are seeing shortages in the grocery store, we are seeing issues with our manufacturers. Please be patient with us and will be providing as many options as possible to our students. At this time we are not providing a cold alternative to kindergarten students to help get them through the lunch lines as quickly as possible. We hope to start providing this option to them soon.
If you have any questions regarding Nutritional Services, please contact Renee Arbogast at 763-502-5022.