Thelma Jones Elementary Week of September28-October 4
Greetings Shark Family!
Parent-Teacher Conferences are right around the corner. Please make every effort to meet with your student's teacher, virtually. We are striving for 100% participation.
Let's make it a great week!
- October 5 - Colors for Caring-Cancer Awareness day
October 8- Parent/Teacher conferences available 4:00-7:30 p.m.
October 9- District-wide Holiday
October 12- Parent/Teacher conferences available 7:30-11:30 a.m.
October 16- Fall Picture Day for In-Person and Virtual- more information to come
October 16- Drive-Thru Book Fair- more information to come
In-Person Quarantined Students
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions as we work through the many challenges COVID-19 continues to present. As always, the safety and security of our staff and students is of utmost importance. We recognize that our instructional plan for students who must be quarantined needs improvement. After hearing your concerns, speaking with our instructional staff, and talking with members of our teaching staff, we will be making immediate improvements.
We have been fortunate in that we have not had to quarantine students. In the event we do, I want to share the updated information from MISD: No later than Wednesday, September 30th, our students who are quarantined will be able to log on through TEAMS to participate in class in real-time. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve our instructional program.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Free Meals for Kids - Oct. 1 - Dec. 17
It’s BACK! Free Meals for ALL Kids!
Starting October 1 through December 17, MISD Student Nutrition will offer a holiday special – children may receive one free breakfast and one free lunch every school day!
This promotion applies to in-person learners at all MISD campuses, Virtual Academy students, younger siblings, and non-MISD-students.
Second meals, additional entrees/sides, and snacks will be available to in-person learners to purchase for an additional cost.
In-person learners will access meals as usual at their designated meal periods.
Click the link for details! Free Meals for Kids Information Link
What I want to be when I grow up
Spirit Week- Education Go Get it Week
Grades and Expectations!
Please be reminded that virtual students and in-person students follow the same curriculum and grading expectations.
It is IMPERATIVE that your child keep up with his/her assignments and participate in ALL classes every day.
We encourage you to communicate with your child's teachers if your child will be absent, is having technology issues, and/or needs assistance in the class. The teachers are here to help.
If your student is in need of a device, you may use the link below to request one. All remaining requests for devices will be delivered to campuses and parents will be notified. Please note that any device with internet connection can be used to access all apps and programs needed for virtual learning.
NO VISITORS ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING
In order to keep our students and staff safe, no visitors will be allowed in the building. This includes walking your child to class and eating lunch with your child.
If your child forgets his/her lunch and/or any materials needed for their learning, please follow the following procedures:
· Ring the Bell to speak to someone in the front office
· Let them know you are there to drop off your child's lunch and/or materials needed for learning
· Leave your item(s) on a table in the foyer with your child's name on it. It MUST have your child's name on it. Someone will get it off the table and deliver it to your child.
· Exit the building after that. You will not be allowed to come into the front office and/or give your child their item(s).
*This is different than having an appointment and/or being called to come pick up your child due to illness or other circumstances.
Mansfield ISD will provide bus transportation for all students meeting the eligibility requirements for transportation.
Find My Bus
School Bus Rider’s Safety Handbook
For Bus Delays & Substitutions https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j_9bi_plWMqtBDp8AG8B31rb3KzTAOIhRWe8B0CwTnY/edit
QUEST (After School Childcare)
QUEST is Mansfield ISD's before and after-school care program. Students attending the QUEST program are involved in a variety of activities, allowing for creative expression, socialization, and community awareness. Most importantly, students are safe, comfortable, and have fun through a variety of interactive activities. Morning, before school
care, is from 7:00 am – 7:30 am. After school care is from 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm, during school days. For more information please call our Quest office at 817-299-7596 or email us at Quest@misdmail.org.
- Health screenings –Align with the district and have students and staff pre-screen prior to arrival. All QUEST team members will have district badges and key cards so we can utilize it as a tracing function.
- PPE supplies – Student Services has provided the proper PPE supplies to utilize and ordered additional items to safeguard students and staff.
- Cleaning & sanitizing – At the end of each day, the custodial staff will clean every room/area utilized by the QUEST program.
- Instructor: student ratio – 1:12. Every attempt has been made to place students in cohorts, however, this may vary based on enrollment.
- Hand washing – Hand washing will be built into the before and after school program schedules.
- Contactless check-in/out – Quest will be implementing a drive-thru check-in/out procedure. Parents will utilize a PIN to check their child(ren) in/out. A driver’s license will be an added layer of verification at pick up. To assist with a rapid checkout we are strongly encouraging parents to utilize Remind 101 or Class Dojo. A QUEST staff member will meet them at the designated location with the child(ren). Security radios will be used for communication purposes.
- Sick/ill child – Parents of the sick student will be contacted immediately for pick up and custodial services will be informed of area(s) needing to be cleaned/sanitized.
Contact: Tina Cantu
Director of QUEST After School Program
Free and Reduced Lunch Application for the 20-21 School Year *click SchoolCafe' link below*
Do you need to update your email address or phone numbers in Skyward? You can make those changes in Family Access.
- Log into Family Access
- Click on My Account (top right corner)
- When the Account Settings screen opens, there is place for your email address and up to three phone numbers.
- Please note – Each parent/guardian can enter one email address to receive communication via Skyward Message Center.
- Once changes are made, click Save.
If you, parent/guardian, is unable to log into Family Access, there are a couple options:
1 – Use the Forgot Your Password link from the Family Access login page
2 – Email email@example.com