Band Parents Meeting Recap
Thank you to all who made the giftwrap booth a success. We made about $7,000. Post expenses, such as after Christmas discounted wrapping paper and supplies, the band profited about $6,000. We had a discussion on what worked well and what we could improve for next year. If you have any ideas you would like to add to either list, please contact Miss Warshany
What Worked Well
- Sign Up Genius was helpful to see what shifts were open and which were not.
- We had just the right amount of supplies.
- Email/text reminders were helpful.
What We Could Improve
- Requiring each student have a family member as an approved chaperone
- Have a set up/break down how-to in the booth for new volunteers
- Reviewing the mall contract and providing a copy in the booth so all know mall specific rules and regulations
- Looking into getting a lock box or drop box for money deposits throughout the day
- Looking into negotiating a new spot for the gift wrap booth
We also discussed changing the gift wrap chair into a 3-4 person gift wrap committee to lessen the burden. If you are interested in working on the committee, please contact Miss Warshany.
My Music Office
If you believe there are any discrepancies, please contact Miss Warshany as soon as possible. I will also be looking for help in inputting information around times money is charged/collected(band fees, fundraisers, etc.)
Upcoming Events in Band
MLK Parade Monday 1/19 – meeting @ 7:30 AM
Solo & Ensemble:
Instrumentalists February 5
Color Guard February 6
Concert MPA(does not include color guard) March 5 or 6
Spectrum Concert May 6
Looking Ahead to Next Year's Tentative Schedule
Meet & Greet will be in May this year
- May 16 or 23
Pre Camp Evening Rehearsals on Tuesdays/Fridays from 5:00-8:00
- Tuesdays July 5, 12, 19
- Fridays July 7, 14, 21
- July 25-29, August 1-4
- Absolutely mandatory this year. If you do not come to band camp, you will not be in the show or eligible to participate in band.
Contacting the Band Director
Director of Bands