Having trouble studying?
Read these helpful tips to improve your school performance!
ATTENTION! NO CRAMMING! BE ORGANIZED! MNEMONIC! THINK LONG-TERM!
- Make sure to focus your attention on the specific material you need to remember.
- Have set times to study to avoid cramming.
- While studying, try to keep everything organized and grouped together to minimize confusion.
- Use mnemonic devices to assist in recall. What are mnemonic devices? They are techniques used by associated one thing with something else to help you remember better.
- As far as long-term memory, using elaborative rehearsal really helps! Read things several times to encode what you are studying.
VISUALIZE! RELATE! STUDY PARTNERS! EXTRA ATTENTION! SWITCH IT UP! SLEEP!
- Pay attention to any pictures, charts, diagrams or other graphics related to the information you are studying.
- Relate things that you are learning to other things that you already know to help recall an item or concept.
- Having a study partner that you can read out loud to has been known to significantly improve memory of the material.
- If there is something that you are struggling with, pay extra attention to that information.
- Use different study tactics and routines to increase effectiveness and help with long-term memory.
- Make sure to get enough sleep to improve memory and learning.