Broad Street Newsletter
A message from Ms. Alexander, Principal
When I was a 5th grade teacher, I always considered September the first real month of school. Routines and procedures were generally in place and instruction could really begin. This month we will be assessing each student in math and reading then using that data to instruct your child.
Below are two videos. One is from me and the other is from Mrs. Mandia, school counselor. I ask that you take a moment to watch each of them as they provide you with information about the upcoming Back-to-School night and this school year.
I also want to share that MASD schools practice secure in place and/or lockdown procedures when conducting a security drill. Schools are required to conduct one emergency drill within the first 90 calendar days of the school year in place of a fire drill and a second security drill during the second semester. Broad Street Elementary will be conducting emergency drills following these guidelines throughout the year. If you have specific questions about these drills, please consult the student handbook.
As always, do not hesitate to reach out and thank you for your continued support.
Student Emergency Forms
- Student Emergency forms must be filled out EVERY year for each student.
- Sign on to the Community Web Portal here to complete the STUDENT EMERGENCY FORM
- Directions can be found on the MASD website here.
- If you need assistance, please contact Mrs. Bradley in the office by email at BroadStreetOffice@mbgsd.org or by phone (717) 691-4574.
Friday, September 3 – Monday, September 6
- NO SCHOOL – Labor Day Weekend
Thursday, September 9
- Back To School Night 6-7:30 p.m. (Adults Only)
- 6:00 Face-to-Face session
- 6:45 Zoom session
Tuesday, September 14
- PTO Meeting 6:30 p.m. in the Library
A message from Nurse DeWitt
A few reminders as we prepare for the school year:
- Dentals Exams - Mandated for all 3rd grade students. We will accept dental exams from one year prior to the current 2021/22 school year. Please email, fax (717-691-7392) or drop off the completed forms at the beginning of the 2021/22 school year. Forms may be accessed via www.mbgsd.org or by the health forms link below. These exams may be conducted by your private dentist or by the Mobile Dentist. The Mobile Dentist will be visiting MASD in the spring of 2022. Please contact your nurse (email@example.com) if you would like to have your student seen by the Mobile Dentist.
- Medication/Health Care Plans: If your student has any medication or emergency health care needs during the school year, please have the appropriate form(s) completed by their medical provider over the summer. Medications brought into school must have the prescription label attached as well as a written order by their medical provider. Medication orders and emergency care plans are required to be renewed every school year. Please make arrangements to have the medication and/or emergency plans to the nurse on or before 1st day of school
- Sapphire Community Portal – please update your contact information and health updates regarding allergies, medical conditions, and medications taken at home. The health information does not carry over and needs to be updated yearly.
- All forms may be accessed via the district website www.mbgsd.org or by the link below.
- MASD Health Forms
Below are two documents for more information and to sign up!
I will also be continuing my monthly newsletter and this year's focus is all about Social and Emotional Learning! Click here for my September newsletter.
I am looking forward to working with your students this year!
Broad Street Elementary
Day Cares that serve Broad Street Elementary:
- MLC - (717) 766-2439 (before and after school)
- Kindercare- (717) 791-3955 (before and after school)
- Circle of Friends- 717-737-6621 X12 (afterschool only)
- Fear Knot Martial Arts- (717) 620-8500 (afterschool only)
If your child will be attending either before or after school care, please email Mrs. Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org)so that she has the information for our arrival/dismissal schedules and can pass the information on to teachers.
Broad Street PTO
* This page is Administered by the Broad Street PTO and is NOT sponsored by the Mechanicsburg Area School District.
Join us for our 1st PTO meeting of the year:
- Tuesday, September 14th at 6:30 p.m. in the Library