Leaving for Winter?
Though The Village does not close for winter break, if you are leaving town, be sure to:
• Clean the entire apartment (bedroom, bathroom, living room, and kitchen)
• Take home or throw away food that will expire while you are gone
• Wash all dishes in the sink or in the dishwasher
• Unplug all appliances except for refrigerators
• Take out trash
• Turn OFF your alarm clock
• Lock all windows, close all blinds, and lock all bedroom doors
• Take home all valuables (laptops, jewelry, gaming equipment, etc.)
• Submit any work orders.
• Set your thermostat to 65 degrees heat and turn off all lights in the apartment before exiting
• Confirm you have everything you will need for the break and have made arrangements for your
Unplug all your appliances except the fridge.
Turn Down Thermostat
Turn down your thermostat to 65.
Turn Off Lights
Make sure all your lights are turned off.