KY HSG STF
Committees: Please plan to meet two times before June.
As you meet answer the following questions and put in the HSG folder.
- What has the committee accomplished so far?
- What has the committee done well?
- How can the committee become more efficient moving forward?
- How can the committee further develop the work that has already been started?
- What are some short/long term goals for the committee?
For Your Consideration...
Take the Summer Survey ASAP
As we begin to welcome new STFs in the coming months:
- What are some things that you wish you had known as a new STF?
- How can current fellows support new fellows?
- How can we create better systems for new fellows to engage in the work faster?
Share your thoughts on the Facebook page!
Activating Teacher Leadership Institute: Convene a group of 3-5 in your district to implement a plan to maximize teacher resources to impact student achievement. Application Due May 18.
Nominations are open for Valvoline KY TOY, due May 15.
KEA Talk Conference June 13-14
Ed Camp Kentucky July 21
Suggestion of the Week: Ask a teacher in your building to write with you!
Upcoming Events: This summer we'll be doing a redesign of KYEDPolicy.org. What would you like to see added/enhanced on kyedpolicy.org
Suggestion of the Week: Let us know if you can attend the Joint Committee Meeting on July 11 as a big group with HSG.
#ECET2 - Sundays at 8pm ET
#kyedchat - Thursdays at 8pm EST
#kyadmin - Mondays at 7pm EST
Chats of Interest
#t2tchat - slow chat with a single topic that runs each week (national, Lyndsay Nottingham from Boone County is a co-moderator)
Suggestion of the Week:
Respond to the writing prompt.
Upcoming Events: We're always looking for blog posts! See Brad's Bits for ideas on writing!
Suggestion of the Week: Check out the articles on "Classroom Connections" in the Courier Journal. The next one comes out at the end of this month! Students can write too; think of one and ask them to consider writing! Let Sarah Yost know if you're interested!
- your students, your practice,
- a great idea that you have observed,
- running focus groups and what you have learned by doing so,
- a retrospective on what your professional growth has looked like this year,
- anything related to the KYTLF,
- excitement about upcoming professional learning,
- a new accountability system and ESSA,
- the Pruitt town halls, building relationships with policy makers,
- presenting the fall data to co-ops,
- zooming in on a piece of the fall data and what that might mean for teachers in your area.
- You can write about anything from your experience or observations, but I need you to write if you have not done so.
Start planning for the summer convening! Hope to see you at all the events!