NHES Daily Announcements
April 8, 2014
Every Parent a Partner-Every Teacher a Leader-Every Student a Graduate
- Last day for KIDS KREATION orders!! Our goal is to have orders back to students in time for Mother's Day.
· Yesterday's middle school baseball game has be rescheduled for Friday at 4pm.
- Middle School Cheer Clinic runs THIS week (Monday-Wednesday) in the middle school gym, 3:15-5:15 pm. Try-outs will be Thursday, April 10th at 3:30 pm.
- Mrs. Childers' class will be participating in Special Olympics tomorrow. If you see them, wish them luck!!
- Pre-K will be traveling to Burritt Barnyard on the 17th!
- April 24th: "Take your child to Work Day" For this to be an excused absence, we will need a letter from your place of business, something on letterhead, etc. We can't accept a handwritten note with no verification.
- Link to on-line Scholastic Book fair http://onlinebookfairs.scholastic.com/default.aspx?f=3262703
- Clubs start TODAY, April 7th and run until May 16th. Looking forward to a lot of fun & some learning, too!
- Tuesday's Clubs are as follows: Wrestling, Leader in Art (Art room), Math Tutoring (Ragan's room), Reading Tutoring (lunch room)
- Progress reports go out April 15th!
- Make sure your 7th month MARs have been completed and turned in.
Mandatory ACT Aspire Testing Training Wednesday, April 16th at 3:05 in the Library
- ISS students return to class at 2:30. Do not send students to the office or the ISS room. Mrs. Duncan will come to the classroom to get them or call your room for them.
The School Wide PST meetings for April have been pushed back a week due to testing training. Please note the schedule changes to our April PST meetings:
K-1 Thursday, April 24th with Mrs. Honea
2-3 Wednesday, April 23rd with Mrs. Snell
4-8 Wednesday, April 23rd with Mrs. Ashworth
-Monday, April 28th Aspire Reading
-Tuesday, April 29th Aspire Math
-Wednesday, April 30th Aspire Science 3, 4, 6 & 8
Alabama Science Assessment 5 & 7
-Thursday, May 1st Aspire English & Writing
-Make-up testing: May 1-2 & 5-6
-Friday, May 9th Algebra I End of Course Test
- Navy & White BETA tee's are in Mrs. Ashworth's office. Price: $10.00
- Remember BETA Wednesday-All members wear your shirts on Wednesdays!!
A Helping Hand
Vote for Haeleigh's family to receive a wheelchair accessible van.
Please take a minute then vote daily.
Once you are on her page, scroll to the bottom and sign up for an account (just your email address and create a password) ,then hit the vote button under the sign in section.
She is a wonderful girl who does not let her physical impairment determine what she can or cannot do.
We want your input!!
New Hope Children's Clinic 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday, April 12th, 10:30am
New Hope Children's Clinic - 156 Church Avenue
- If raining, event will take place in the NHES rock gym
- Easter egg hunt starts at 10:30 am
- Every Child will get a free Easter basket!
- Games & Crafts to follow!
Madison County Schools has a HOT-LINE NUMBER. To report suspicious activity in or related to our schools, call 256-713-0257. You will remain anonymous.
Student Code of Conduct
Guidelines that govern the students of Madison County Schools can be found in the Student Code of Conduct. At the beginning of the school year, each student should have received a copy. The Student Code of Conduct should be signed by the parents in grades K – 4 and by both student and parent(s) in grades 5 – 12. A copy can be found at www.madison.k12.al.us/departments/pupilservices/Documents/CodeofConduct2010.pdf
The Madison County School System:
Does not discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to programs or activities on the basis of race, religious preference, disability, age, gender, national origin, citizenship, non-English speaking ability, or homeless status. The Title IX and ADA Compliance Officer’s Contact Information: Mrs. Anna S. Watts, Coordinator of Pupil Services, 1275 F Jordan Rd., Building B, Huntsville, AL 35811; Telephone: 256-852-2557, ext. 1715; Fax #: 256-851-2127; Email address: email@example.com.
PTO Month at a Glance
Birthstone: Diamond; Flower: Sweet Pea, Daisy
NHMS Softball vs. Holly Pond, 4:30 pm
NHMS Cheerleader Tryout, 3:30 pm (NHMS Gym)
Archery State Championship in Montgomery
NHMS Softball at Skyline, 5:00 pm
Middle School Baseball County Tournament @ Central
National Library Week
Alabama Alternate Assessment (AAA)
First Day of Passover
NHMS Softball at Westminster, 5:00 pm
Fourth Grading Session: 3rd Week Progress Report
PreK Field Trip-Burritt Barnyard
NHMS Softball vs. Woodville, 4:30 pm
Administrative Professionals Week
Archery Tournament at Legacy (Middle and High School)
NHMS Softball at DAR, 4:30 pm
Public School Volunteer Week
Last Day of Passover
Archery Tournament at Legacy (Elementary)
Administrative Professionals Day
Sixth Grade Field Trip to Huntsville Stars
Take Your Child to Work Day
NHMS Softball at Madison County, 4:30 pm
Confederate Memorial Day
ACT ASPIRE Testing (Grades 3-8)
Algebra I End of Course Testing (8th Grade)
Penny Wars: Boys vs. Girls
DIBELS Testing (Grades K-3)
ASPIRE Science (Grades 3, 4, 6, 8)
Alabama Science Assessment (Grades 5 and 7)