Mrs. Michels Weekly Updates
Let's make it a great week!
Hello Hamilton Families,
October 23- October 27
What a great week we had last week with visits from the Westland Police and Fire Departments, the NED show and all our our Be A Buddy Not A Bully activities. Talk to your child about some of the activities last week and their commitment to being an up-stander and a buddy! From the NED show they learned some fun Yo-yo tricks and why it is important to N-Never give up, E-Encourage others, D-Do your best. If your child is interested in purchasing the Yo-yo they can still do that this week.
This week we will focus on College and Career Readiness (CCR) Week. Students will learn more about potential jobs and careers after high school. Each day we have different theme and students are encouraged to dress up for each theme. If you have a career or job that you would like come in and talk to your child's class about, reach out to your child's teacher to set up a visit.
We are still asking for more candy donations for our Halloween parade if you are able to donate a bag of candy.
10/23-10/27 College & Career Readiness Week
Monday- Military Monday-wear your camo or military colors
Tuesday-Trades Tuesday- Wear work gear
Wednesday- What do you want to be
Thursday-Tycoon Thursday-Dress for the Career you want
Friday-Final Four Friday- Wear college wear or colors
10/27 Skate Night 5-7pm- Halloween Costume Contest
10/30- Wear red day- support drug free living
Progress notes sent home
10/31 Halloween Parade 10am
- 1/2 day-Dismissal 11:40
11/2 Lock Down drill practice
- Our playground renovation is well on its way! Since students don't have a place to line up outside we will have students enter the building at 8:15. Please remember that we do not have staff to let students in or monitor them before 8:15. Students can continue to enter and exit through their grade level doors as they have been.
- If your child is going to be out please remember to call the office to excuse the absence.
- If your child arrives after 9:15 on Tuesday they may not order an extra slice of pizza as the order will have already been put in for the day. Also, If a student arrives after 9:30 they will only get lunch choice c.
- If you need to speak to your child's teacher or to me, please call the office or send a message on Dojo to set up a time to meet. By scheduling a meeting, you can be sure to have enough time to discuss your concern.
- Picture retakes day are November 16
Here Comes the Bus App
If your child rides the bus Here Comes the Bus App is a great way to know exactly where your child's bus is at all times. Follow the steps below to download the app!
- Visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click the “Sign Up” button
- Enter school code 87839 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number
- Once you confirm your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
Family Resource Center
Wayne-Westland Community Schools has a Family Resource Center (FRC), which provides services to any student/family enrolled in our District, free of cost. Some of the services they provide are: basic need assistance, access to over 700 local resources, Laundry Assistance Program and material items for those unable to afford them (emergency toiletries, socks/underwear, hats/gloves/scarves, etc.) They are also able to supply school supplies and backpacks year round for any WWCS student. Please contact our Family Resource Center at: 734-419-2709 or FRC@wwcsd.net. Our FRC also has a Digital Request for Services Form, which can be used to request assistance by filling out a simple form. Please contact the Family Resource Center directly with any additional questions regarding their serviceshttps://www.wwcsd.net/schools/elementary-schools/hamilton/
Regular attendance is crucial for your child's academic success. Please make every effort to ensure your child attends school on time every day and stays throughout the whole day. Consistent attendance throughout the school day allows your child to engage in learning and maximize their educational opportunities fully.
Illness: If your child is not feeling well and cannot attend school, please notify us immediately. Students who are ill should not attend school to prevent the spread of illness to others.
Excused Absences: We understand that there may be instances when your child needs to be absent due to illness, medical appointments, family emergencies, or other legitimate reasons. Please notify the school in advance whenever possible to classify the absence as excused.
Unexcused Absences: Unexcused absences negatively impact your child's education. Absences without valid reasons will be considered unexcused, and appropriate actions may be taken per district policy.
Timely reporting of absences helps us maintain accurate attendance records and ensures that your child's absence is properly documented. Absences must be reported within 24 hours.
There are two convenient methods for reporting your child's absence to facilitate efficient communication and accurate attendance records.
You can notify your child's school through the dedicated attendance line. Please leave a detailed message stating your child's name, grade, and reason for absence.
You can report absences directly through MiStar, our secure online portal for student information. MiStar provides a user-friendly interface that allows you to submit absences.
Thank you for your ongoing support in creating a positive and productive learning environment for all our students.
You can also follow the Wayne Westland Community School page on Facebook for updates and information too!
Thank you for your continued support!
Make it a great week!