All you need to know
What is Osteporosis?
Milk is good source of calcium.
Your bones may break very easily when you have Osteoporosis.
Back pain is one of the symptoms of Osteoporosis.
Prevention of Osteoporosis:
The best way to prevent Osteoporosis is by having a balanced diet that is calcium and vitamin D rich.
White Chocolate and Banana Muffins with Custard
112 grams flour
50 grams of white granulated sugar
27 grams light brown sugar
Half a teaspoon of baking powder
1 quarter of a teaspoon of baking soda
1 eighth of a teaspoon of salt
32 grams white chocolate chips
1 and a half large ripe bananas
56 grams unsalted butter melted and cooled
1 large egg
Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Either line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, or you can butter or spray them with a non-stick vegetable spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and white chocolate chips.
3. In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky. (The important thing is not to over mix the batter. Over mixing the batter will yield tough, rubbery muffins.)
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Bake about 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for five minutes and then remove muffins from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
1 cup milk
1 cup thickened cream
1 vanilla bean
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon corn flour
1/3 cup caster sugar
1. Combine milk and cream in a small saucepan. Using a sharp knife, split vanilla bean in half lengthways and scrape out seeds. Add the vanilla bean and seeds to milk mixture. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until hot (do not allow to boil). Remove saucepan from heat.
2. Whisk egg yolks, corn flour and sugar in a heatproof bowl until well combined. Remove vanilla beans from milk mixture. Pour hot milk mixture over egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.3. Return mixture to saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 15 to 20 minutes or until custard thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon (do not allow custard to boil, as it might curdle).