ADL Announcements 02/6/2020
(These are sent each Thursday school is in session.)
Don't forget to reserve your ADL yearbook!
- Thursday, February 13, 7:00 PM, Winter Band Concert
- Wed-Sat, February 19-22, 50th Annual Basketball Tournament
- Friday, February 21, 8th grade PE classes, Lund Presentation
- Friday, February 21, 10-11:00 AM, 6th grade presentation in Library -Loung Bun Ung, New York Times best seller
- Monday, February 24-March 3, Winter Break/School Closed
- Tuesday, March 17, Fine Arts Night at EHS
- Friday, March 20, Student Led Conferences 8:15-3:15, no classes for students
- Thursday, March 26, 7:00 PM, Chorus Concert
- Friday, March 27, 7-9:00 PM, GASP (Games & Sports Party)
50th Annual Basketball Tournament
Hello From The ADL Tournament Committee,
This February marks the 50th year of the ADL Basketball Tournament. It is said to be the oldest middle school tournament in the nation, and if you ask me, the best middle school tournament in the nation. We are looking forward to February 19-22, 2020, and are hoping you will join us to celebrate.
First, please save the dates. The Tournament starts on Wednesday, 2/19, and the championships are on Saturday, 2/21. It would be great to see all of the ADL Alumni back in the building for the special night.
Secondly, for all our basketball alumni, we would like to have two alumni basketball games on Tuesday, 2/18. We would have an over 30 coed game starting at 5:30p.m. and an under 30 coed game at 7:00p.m. These games should be fun, and be a good kick off to the week.
Lastly, we would like to recognize all the ADL basketball/cheerleading alumni on championship night. We are hoping to have an ADL alumnus from each year of the Tournament. If you are able to attend championship night and willing to represent your year, please send an email to email@example.com. In your email, please give us your name,the year you finished 8th grade, and your shirt size.
We look forward to seeing our current and former players, parents, and teachers come together to celebrate this golden anniversary as a community.
Kevin Barber & the Tournament Committee
- Art Club will start on Friday, November 1st, 3:15-4:30 PM, and meet every other Friday in the Art room. Mrs. Logan is the advisor.
- Chess, Cribbage and Card Playing Club meets every Wednesday morning from 7:15-8:15 in Mr. Gustafson's room #C6.
- Culture Club meets on Fridays, 3:15-4:00 PM in Madame Tupaj's room C26. No need to sign up - just come!
- D&D Club meets every other Thursday from 3:15-5:00 PM in Mrs. Kurnit's room, C10. If you are interested in joining, contact Mrs. Kurnit.
- Doodle Club will start on Friday, October 25, 3:15-4:30 PM, and meet every other Friday in the Art room. Mrs. Logan is the advisor.
- Fiber Arts Club Do you want to make a MONSTER? The club will be making needle felted monsters this fall. The club meets every Thursday morning from 7:30 to 8:10 in room B20. No experience necessary and the supplies will be provided. Mrs. Bilodeau-Meek is the advisor.
- Geo Bee will meet Tuesday mornings, 7:15-8, and Wednesday afternoons, 3:15-4. Mr. Gustafson is the advisor and meetings are in room C6.
- Math Club is on Wednesdays, 3:15-4:15 PM, in room B23. Mrs. Zimmerman is the advisor.
- LGBT Pride Club meetings will be on Wednesdays at 3:15 -4:00 PM. Allies and questioning welcome. Meet in room B16. Mrs. Williams is the advisor.
- Yearbook Club meetings will be on Tuesdays at 2:15-3:15 PM in room B5. Ms. Edwards is the advisor.
Want to keep updated on the ADL PAWS projects and events?
Don't miss out! "Like" the "PAWS ADL" page on Facebook today! The facebook page will share info about ongoing opportunities to support your school community at ADL. From volunteering your time, donating baked goods, to events we'll be hosting for ADL students and family, there are lots of things to like! Click below to "like" our Facebook page and stay connected and involved!