December 1, 2022
Travis Intermediate School
Pamela Britton, Assistant Principal
Maria Dominguez, Assistant Principal
Becky Kemp, Counselor
Nancy Henriquez, Counselor
Our Goal is to Increase Student Attendance
Attendance, arriving to school on time, and remaining at school for the entire school day is important to the success of your child.
- Our instructional day begins promptly at 8:50 a.m. Students need to arrive before 8:50 a.m. to be considered on time to school.
- Our instructional day ends at 3:55 p.m. If there is an occasion when your child will need to leave school early, students must be checked out before 3:15 p.m.
- State law requires that students be in attendance at least 90% of the days that class is offered (excused and unexcused combined).
- If your child must be absent, please send the following with your child when they return to school: Doctor's note signed by doctor or nurse that includes the dates of absence(s) and/or signed note from the parent stating the reason for the absence and dates of absence(s) to be turned in to Ms. Solis, Travis PEIMS Clerk.
- Three or more absences will result in a system generated warning email.
- Five unexcused absences will result in an attendance warning letter.
- Between five and ten unexcused absences will result in additional warning letters and phone calls from the Assistant Principal, Principal, and/or Counselor. This will include full day and "parts of a day." That means arriving late or leaving early will count toward the child's absences.
- If corrections are not made to improve attendance, a court warning will notify the parent of the potential to be filed on in a justice or municipal court. Parents may be criminally charged, or fined, if their child has another unexcused absence.
We want to work collaboratively with our families; however, students are required to have regular attendance at school. Please work with us to get your child to school every day.
Visitor Check-in: Safety Procedures
Tardies: Our instructional day begins at 8:50 a.m. Students not riding a school bus need to arrive on campus before 8:50 a.m. so they are not counted tardy. Excessive tardies will result in automatically created referrals in our system. We ask that our families assist us with having students at school on time to begin their instructional day.
Dropping Off Items- Please note, lunches left at home may not be dropped off. If your child forgets their lunch, they will receive a meal provided by the cafeteria. We will ask you to complete a lunch application online if you haven't already done so.
Morning Drop Off/Car Rider: Our morning drop off and afternoon car rider pick up will be on Pauline St. through our school cafeteria. Staff members will be on duty to receive students until 8:50 a.m. when instruction begins. If your child arrives to campus after 8:50 a.m., parents will need to park and bring their child in to the front office to check in. If students are car riders in the afternoon, we ask that they are picked up no later than 4:10 p.m.
Early Start: Early start drop off begins at 7:45 a.m. through the cafeteria entrance on Pauline St. Staff members will be on duty beginning at 7:45 a.m. to receive students. We ask that for the safety of our students, please do not drop off prior to 7:45 a.m. as students will not be supervised.
Updated Travis Cell Phone Policy - As stated in the district Elementary & Intermediate Student Handbook, students are allowed to have cell phones on campus. Cell phones must remain turned off while on campus and in the student's backpack. If students do not comply with this policy, staff members may confiscate the cell phone and turn them in to the assistant principal. A parent/guardian will need to come to the school to pick up any cell phone that has been confiscated, as it will not be returned to the student once taken up.
Travis Jumpapalooza Event
All students must have a signed permission slip returned by 12/9/22 in order to participate.
Jumpapalooza is a free, end of semester, on campus, outdoor celebration for all students. It will include an inflatable slide and obstacle course. Students will be physically active running, jumping, bouncing, and playing on the equipment. Each station will be supervised by Travis staff.
Our Jumpapalooza will be held on Wednesday, December 14, 2022. Students with a returned, signed permission slip will participate during the school day at their regular Fine Arts/PE time.
Mark Your Calendars
- 2: Art Club 7:45: Friday Fundraiser $1 to wear a hat
- 3: Boys to Men Field Trip to Sam Houston State University (by invitation)
- 5: Mentor/Mentee Day
- 6: 5/6 Math CFA2 Testing
- 7: Student Council Meeting 8:00; Girlz to Ladies 8:00
- 8: Fine Arts Concert 6:00-7:30
- 9: Friday Fundraiser $1 to wear sunglasses
- 13: 5/6 Social Studies CFA2 Testing
- 14: Ambassador Meeting 8:00; Girlz to Ladies 8:00; Jumpapalooza (must have signed permission slip by 12/9/22 to participate)
- 16: Art Club 7:45; Friday Fundraiser $3 to wear school appropriate pajamas, hot chocolate, and a cookie; Early Release for Students at 12:45
- 19-Jan. 3: Winter Break for Students
4: First day back for Students from Winter Break; Student Council Meeting 8:00
Travis Pep Rally
Conroe ISD is Hiring Bus Drivers
A note to parents: Bus drivers are doing their best to transport your child safely to and from school. Please join us in showing appreciation for what they do. Discuss with your child the expectation of being kind, courteous, and respectful of the bus drivers and the other students riding on the bus.
- Tennis shoes are required for PE. Wheeled shoes, house shoes, slides or flip flops should not be worn.
- Pants with holes or rips must be worn with tights or shorts long enough to cover the students thighs.
- Pants should be worn at waist level, not sagging.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be fingertip length. When arms are straight down along a student's side, material should be long enough to touch the tips of the fingers.
- Clothing that may refer to or advertise tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any other prohibited substance or displays vulgar/inappropriate language, obscenities, or graphics/pictures of any kind that are inappropriate for the school setting are not allowed.
- Hoods covering the head should not be worn in common areas inside the building. (hallways, cafeteria, auditorium)
Gifted and Talented News
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Dominguez, Travis GT Coordinator.
Register for Bus Transportation
Parent Access Center
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Sign up for Parent Access to stay up to date with your child's grades and more.
Follow Us On Social Media
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.