Hampton Cove Essentials
- New part of speech: Adjectives!
- We went over the Adjective chart and all the MANY different types.
- New pattern: S-Vl-PA
- We looked at several different examples and filled in the blank for Mom is _____.
Unit 5 in the TWSS and Lesson 16 in the MHBW-
- Introduced Unit 5: Writing from Pictures
- TWSS pg. 65-82 (Looked at the example on pg. 73)
- Introduced Past Perfect Tense-(TWSS pg. 70 and MHBW pg. 106)
- Began discussing and brainstorming KWO for the first picture in MHBW pg. 109
Week 10 in EEL Guide-
- Work on the Adjective chart. Pay close attention to the definition and questions that an adjective answers. After that, focus on anything in bold.
- There are quite a few review charts. Read the Grammar Mastery Charts section on pg. 165 (pg. 167 for an updated version) for more details about each review chart for this week.
- Work through as many practice sentences as you can and as your child's ability allows.
- Analytical Tasks as time and ability allows.
- 3rd Years: For time's sake, I usually don't have Ellie do the Quid et Quo for every single word on an advanced sentence, but will pick a few different parts of speech. (Almost always a verb, and then maybe a noun, or pronoun, an adjective or adverb). And then other days, do other parts of speech.
TWSS Unit 5 and Lesson 16 in the MHBW-
- Work on KWO for Lesson 16: The Magic Lamp using the questions on pg. 108. These are by no means an exhaustive list of questions and you do not have to ask them in a specific order. Don't forget to go back and read pg. 69 in the TWSS for lots of guidance in teaching our children (and ourselves) how to think!
- Write a rough draft from the KWO. Remember to think of this as an event description. Each paragraph has the same purpose.
- Different than the Story Sequence Chart because each paragraph has a Topic/Clincher sentence. The TWSS suggests that if a clincher is too difficult for younger students, they may repeat the topic sentence exactly, then rewrite with a synonym.
- Great brainstorming page in the MHBW, pg. 110. Don't forget to look at lots of examples for Unit 5 in the TWSS.
- Write the final draft using the checklist on pg. 111 (EZ+1)!! Try to add the past perfect tense if your child is able to do so without too much frustration.
- New Vocabulary Words this week.
Classical Conversations of Hampton Cove
Hampton Cove CC Leadership Team
Essentials Tutor: Ann Barber and Michelle Cross
Foundations/Essentials Director: Tammi Mooney
Support Representative: Tammi Mooney
Area Representative: Jeannie DeWitte