By Hunter Hawkins and Lauren Greene
Explanation of Bullying
Stats on Bullying
1. Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.
2. Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying.
3. 1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4% of the time.
4. By age 14 less than 30% of boys and 40% of girls will talk to their peers about bullying.
If you see someone being bullied, stand up for them and go tell a trusted adult (depending on the situation). Try to avoid being alone if the bully is targeting you. Some tips are: ignore the bully and walk away, hold the anger, don't get physical, practice confidence, talk about it, and find your (true) friends.
Where to Get Help
1. Guidance Counselor/Teacher
4. Any Trusted Adult
11 Facts About Bullying. n.d. Web. 1 December 2014. <http://www.dosomething.org/tipsandtools/11-facts-about-school-bullying>.
Bullying. n.d. Web. 1 December 2014. <http://www.childline.org.uk/explore/bullying/pages/bullying.aspx>.
Dealing With Bullying. n.d. Web. 1 December 2014. <http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/problems/bullies.html>.
StopBullying.gov. n.d. Web. 1 December 2014. <http://www.stopbullying.gov/>.