Mrs. Stoll's Class Newsletter
What a great week of learning!
The Water Cycle by Ian Reilly
* First get your bag and then draw your little picture of the water cycle on the bag.
* Second put about 1/4 a cup of sand.
* Then put a half a cup of colored blue water.
* After that tape the "water cycle" on a window that gets a lot of sunlight.
Now you have your very own "water cycle". In a couple of days you'll see a difference in your little water cycle. I'm not going to tell you -- you will just have to find out what happens. Make a prediction.....will the rain be blue?
Elapsed Time by: Angelina and Carys
These are the websites we used to learn more about Elapsed Time:
Check out these websites by: Ainsley B.
With Tween Tribune kids can read the daily news and login to take tests and comment on stories. For example, I have read articles about the olympics and a cat that survived a 9 story fall.
At Learning Farm kids work at their own pace. They can work on math or reading and can also be assigned lessons by their teacher.
On Blendspace teachers can create lessons for the students to use. Teachers can add links so the kids can do activities, watch videos, respond to questions, and more. This week we used Blendspace for our lesson on summary. On our summary Blendspace there was 7 student activities.
Texas Symbols Alphabetical Booklet by Aidan
Genius Hour Written by: Alessandra G. and Riley R.
* My project is Greek architecture. I currently have an interview coming up with a professor at UTSA. Her name is Dr.Maggie Valentine and I'm very excited to learn more about her profession and work. -Alessandra.
* My project is about Alaskan architecture. I recently had a skype interview with the President of the Alaskan Institute of Architecture named Anna M. Lee and I learned a lot that will help me with my presentation. -Riley
Take the Google Survey below -- Genius Hour