Bagdad's Week at a Glance
October 27 - 31
Habit of the Week: Habit 3: Put First Things First
I spend my time on things that are most important. This means I say no to things I know I should not do. I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan. I am disciplined and organized. I have a strong work ethic. I manage my time well. I am flexible and adapt to different situations. I am accountable and responsible for my actions and results. I prioritize.
2nd Grade Leadership Displays!
Red Ribbon Week Activities
- "I Mustache you not to do drugs!" Wear a mustache.
- "Join the fight against drugs." Wear Camouflage.
- "Rockin' a drug-free school." Dress like a rock star, or wear your favorite concert tee.
- "Team up against drugs." Wear your favorite team jersey or t-shirt.
Monday, October 27
- Welcome Back Ms. Betancourt!! We missed you!
- 7:45 "The Silence of the Grahams" cereal bar in the Library courtesy of Hospitality
- 8:00 - 8:30 Educate Session 5: Building a PLN (Please create a professional Twitter account if you have not done so already) and bring your Capacity Matrix
- 8:30 - 9:00 Title 1 Presentation
- 9:15 - 3:30 Parent Conferences (lunch on your own)
- 9:30 Bennett meeting with Beth Chinderle
When having parent conferences this Monday, please share the following two sites with them.
Tuesday, October 28
- 8:00 - 8:50 5th PLC - Language Arts
- All Day Duran at DLE Collaboration Meetings
- 7:45 - 11:00 Welcher at Kinder DLE Collaboration Meeting
- 11:45 - 3:00 Bernhard at Pre-K DLE Collaboration Meeting
- 9:30 - 10:15 Bennett doing Writing Lesson in Martinez's class
- 2nd Annual Storybook Pumpkin Patch in the Library until 10/31
- Wear a Mustache
Wednesday, October 29
- 7:45 - 11:00 Adams & Campuzano at 1st Grade DLE Collaboration Meeting
- 9:30 - 10:15 Bennett doing Writing lesson in Martinez's room
- 11:45 - 3:00 Prado at 2nd Grade DLE Collaboration Meeting
- 1:50 - 2:40 White/Bennett meet with 2nd grade in Rm 307 to discuss School Improvement Visit
- 3:10 Faculty Meeting: Data & SMART Goals
- 1st Grade PACE Letters go home
- Wear Camouflage
Thursday, October 30
- Bennett at 3rd Grade New-to-Profession Visits
- 7:45 - 11:00 Hillary & Tyson at DLE Collaboration Meeting
- 11:45 - 3:00 Robles & Duran at 5th grade Collaboration Meeting
- 3:00 - 6:00 5th Grade Energy Explorations Module PD at Bagdad in Science Lab
- Dress like a Rock Star or wear your favorite concert tee
Friday, October 31
- 9:30 - 10:15 Bennett doing Writing Lesson in Martinez's room
- 11:45 - 3:00 Laurence at 4th Grade DLE Meeting
- Happy Halloween!
- Wear your favorite team jersey
Gaylann Speegle is available from 7:50 - 8:25 to do a literacy lesson in your classroom. Please sign up on the link above if you are interested. She is also willing to help with Daily 5, Writer's Workshop or Guided Reading!
All Things Bridges:
Below are some links to tools that may be helpful to you in the classroom. Please check back often, as I update some of these as I learn more information.