JCMS Parent Newsletter
March 28-April 1
- The Una Voce Showcase - will be on April 29 at 7:00 pm in the JCMS auditorium. Tickets are on sale in the choir room. Seating is reserved, so please make sure to get your tickets in advance for the low price of $2 for students, $4 for adults. You can order your tickets at school or contact Mrs. Frey via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and send in your payment. You can chance getting a ticket at the door the night of the concert as well. We will be performing a tribute to Michael Jackson as well as many different pop numbers!
- JCMS Spring Pictures -Thursday, April 7th. Picture order forms will go home with students this week or you can order on line @ mylifetouch.com Use Picture Day ID: TF045413Y0. Picture packages start at $18.00. Pre-Pay ONLY. Only those students with order forms & money will be photographed.
- Pennies for Patients - Each Homeroom will have a collection box for you to donate spare change or dollars. All money raised goes to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The homeroom who collects the most money will earn doughnuts, milk, and juice from the National Junior Honor Society. The contest will begin today and run until the end of the school day, on March 15th.
- 8th Grade Dance - We are asking that every 8th grader bring in a 2 liter of drink to be used for the 8th grade dance. Please bring it to room 144. You may bring it anytime from now until the day of the dance.
- Parents for 8th Grade Dance - Parents of 8th graders are invited to come to the 8th grade dance planning meetings. The meetings will be held on Tuesdays beginning March 1st. The meetings will be at 6:00 p.m. in room 144.
2016 ISTEP+ Windows - Please avoid scheduling all appointments or other things where your student misses school on the following dates: April 18-29. These dates are when we will be taking ISTEP+ this year.
Picking Up Your Student - Please make sure that you are picking students up in the afternoon in the back of the building. Picking them up in the front lot is very dangerous with all of the bus traffic and then walkers as they leave after buses.
Snow Make-up Days -
Date Missed - Make-Up Date
January 11 - Monday, January 18 (MLK Day)
January 12 - Thursday May 19th
January 20 - Friday May 20th
Picking Students Up for Appointments - Make a doctors appointment for your student during the school day? No problem! - call ahead or write a note for your student to bring to the main office letting us know what time you will be here. By letting us know ahead of time, we are able to have your student in the main office ready to go by the time you arrive.
2015-2016 Yearbooks - Now on Sale!! Order forms are being mailed home or you can go to: ybpay.lifetouch.com and enter Yearbook ID Code: 12069116. Prices start at $25 for a yearbook.
7th Grade Math Help - Struggling in math? Mrs. Ballenger will be available for tutoring and extra help every Thursday until 4:00pm.
New ISTEP+ Test - If you want to see what all the hype is about and try some of the new ISTEP+ based questions yourself, visit http://parcc.pearson.com/practice-tests/english/.
- Comment Box - Please help make our school better. If you have feedback for us or a suggestion on how we would do something better, please click the following link and let us know. Be as detailed as possible in your suggestion so we are able to act upon it. http://goo.gl/forms/yUo6t4sp8X
National Junior Honor Society Induction
Tuesday, March 29th, 6:30pm
820 West Walnut Street
North Vernon, IN
Word of the Week - Elated
In a sentence: At first I was upset about coming back to school, but then I was elated about the things I would learn and seeing my friends.
Bobbie Jo Wood