A Message from the School Nurse
December 7, 2022
Dear Duniway Community,
As has been talked about in the news, and with many PPS family communications, there are many illnesses that have been hitting our communities recently. Some illnesses are causing greater sickness than we would like and are definitely challenging. Please know that childhood illnesses are a normal part of "exercising" children's immune systems (and adults, too) and in general, children should normally be sick 3-5 times a year. However, because some children have not been "exercising" their immune systems as much in these past couple of years, we are seeing an expected amount of "catching up", especially recently. Please know that at school, we are maintaining as many respiratory and illness preventative measures as before, but the following can be helpful tips that can be helpful to keep you, your family, and community, as healthy as possible.
- Please, stay home if you are feeling unwell, follow the PPS Self-Screening Checklist (link to resource - https://www.pps.net/cms/lib/OR01913224/Centricity/Domain/265/PPS_self-screening_checklist_22-23.pdf) to know when to stay home and when to come to school
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your upper shirt sleeve, not your hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact, such as kissing, shaking hands, and sharing cups and eating utensils, with others, when they are sick
- Stay up to date on preventable disease vaccinations, and vaccinations for Covid-19 and the Flu, if you are able
- Wear a mask when indoors in public places throughout the respiratory virus season
- Frequently clean touched surfaces such as doorknobs and mobile devices
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to the office, School Health Assistant, Mr. Tony, or myself and we will be happy to assist and help support you and your family.
School Nurse, Shannon Schupp, email@example.com
School Health, Assistant Mr. Tony Pineda, firstname.lastname@example.org