Week at a Glance
HFCS "Bear" Necessities
January 16-20, 2023
Holy Family Catholic School is a welcoming learning community that awakens the hearts and minds of students while educating and nurturing each to learn, live fully, and serve others.
Mark Your Calendars!
Monday Morning Prayer Assembly
Rec Academy - Fit Set Ninja
Kindergarten EXPO - ESSACHS at 6:30 pm
Rec Academy - Fit Set Ninja
Registration Opens Today for GSACRD Schools
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity in Canada begins on January 18th and concludes on January 25th. During this week, we focus on and pray for unity amongst Christians all over the world.
Although Christian denominations may celebrate differently, many similarities unify all Christians:
- We all believe in one source of creation: the Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).
- We all believe that Jesus is our Saviour.
- We all believe that we are one in Christ, united with each other in the communion of Christ's body.
We look forward to learning more about what we all have in common during this week of prayer and reflection.
GSACRD Division Assurance Survey
Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools values your opinion. As part of our Assurance process, we ask that you share your perspective through our Division Assurance Survey at the link below. Results from this survey will be used to inform planning and make decisions at both the school and divisional level for the 2023/2024 school year.
All parents and staff, as well as students in grades 4-12, will be given the opportunity to complete the survey. Surveys are completely anonymous.
Families with children at more than one GSACRD school are asked to complete a survey for each site.
The survey will remain open from Monday, January 9, 2023 to Friday, February 3, 2023.
Please note: If you have a child in grade 4, 7, or 10, you may receive a similar survey from Alberta Education at a later date. If so, we would encourage you to complete both surveys.
We thank you in advance for sharing your feedback; your time is appreciated.
Parking Changes Coming!
The Sturgeon Heights Reservoir is being replaced and recommissioned. As a result, the northeast parking lot off Salisbury Avenue and the thoroughfare off Sunset Boulevard (that goes around the existing reservoir and pump house) will be closed to facilitate construction activities. In addition, to allow for safe 2-way traffic in our school parking lot, we have made the following changes, which are effective immediately:
- No parking is permitted on the south side of the school except for the wheelchair-accessible and 15-minute parking stalls.
- The first half of the bus lane (nearest the front entrance of the school) will become a drop-off zone.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping keep our students safe. Please contact the school office if you have any questions or concerns.
- Our 50/50 raffle is underway. Please support our school by buying a ticket and having your friends and family do so as well.
- We need some help to hand out hot lunches. It takes about 45 minutes (or less) each hot lunch day. Hot lunches happen every second Wednesday. Please contact Emma if you think you have some time to offer!
We love our school and the staff that make it so great, so let’s tell them! The Friends of Holy Family Catholic School is putting together a Thank You video for our staff. Using this link, you can share a short clip to be used in the video. Tell us what you love about HFCS, and what you appreciate about our staff. It’s a great way to get involved, and for your kids to give back as well. Clips are due by Jan 25th and spread the word!
Sign up to Assist with our Student Faith Retreat!
Holy Family Catholic Parish
Fr. Antony from Holy Family Parish
Save the Date!
Jan. 25: HFCS Kindergarten Open House
Jan. 27: Student Faith Retreat