KICS Occasional Email
EER: Making sure the data is ready.
I shared these ideas back in 2015 but I bring this back to the table as EER is an ongoing activity.
Remember also of the proposed changes to the EER focus that will be effective later this year.
So any PTE preparing for EER in the latter half of this year of for next year will need to embrace this tweaked focus and question emphasis around issues of compliance.
So what data do you need to have in place ?
- Student progress trackiing week by week
- Graduate, Student, Employer Feedback
So what do you need to do with the data ?
Present it it in simple data table that summarise the data, per individual, per class, per intake, per site, per gender, per ethnic grouping etc
What questions do you need to answer ?
Use this template to create the story response to the data sets outlined above
- What has happened at the PTE ? where does the data point to this issue ?
- How do you know ? [what data provides the evidence]
- Based on the data, what do you know ? what do you think?
- Why do you think this ? [Using the data as the foundational evidence]
- Based on this thinking what have you done?
- How have these actions improved the outcomes at the PTE ? [this is a key step]
- How do you know things have improved? [Using data as the evidence]
What data is telling you about the improvement
Trust your ongoing EER work goes well
Happy to chat about any of this if need be, over the past five years I have supported several providers based on a half day input [in total] through to half a day monthly for eighteen months. It all depends on where each PTE is at in the EER journey.
Just give me a call.