November 17, 2014
November 17-21st- Book Fair
November 20th -Literacy Night- more information will be sent home later.
November 24-28--No School--Thanksgiving Holiday
Tips of The Week
1.Please make sure that your child has a heavy coat, gloves, and a hat. We will have recess outside each day, unless the windchill is 20 degrees or less. If you do not want your child to be outside, we will need a written note from thier doctor.
2. If you pack your child a lunch each day, please send them to school with a healthy lunch.
1.Science Fair--We need volunteers to judge the science fair on January 13th from 8-12.
2. As of Monday, November 3, 2014 parent will no longer be allowed to walk their child to the classroom. This is a school wide policy.
3. Enrichment Snacks--If your child participates in an Enrichment Program on Wednesdays, please pack them an extra snack. By the end of the day the students are very hungry.
4. If you have not already signed up for Rasor eNews, Facebook, or Twitter please do so. This is one of the quickest way to get upcoming news that will be happening in school.
5. Please do not reply to the newsletter email. Please contact your childs teacher directly.
Language Arts- Writing the letter Nnand the sound. Rhyming Words
Read 30 minutes each day. Please write your childs minutes on their calendar.
Math- Graphing, adding to make ten, and Word Problems
Enrichment- Reading Comprehension and Math. Enrichment Homework is optional.
Word Wall Words- I, can, we, the ,like, a, see, go, to
--students need to be able to read, write, and spell the Word Wall Words correctly.
Chapstick is allowed in Kindergarten. Students must keep it in their backpack and are not allowed to share. We have many students with chapped lips due to the weather.
Remember to pack your child a healthy snack. This snack must be a dry snack. No yogurts, fruit cups, etc., as they make a huge mess in our classroom.
Please do not forget to send a water bottle with your child each day. We do not have water fountains in our classrooms. Your child will bring home their water bottle each day, so that it can be washed and refilled the next day.
In the Classromm this Week
Language Arts--Letter Nn Writing capital letter N and lowercase letter n. High Frequency words--
I, can, we, the ,like, a, see, go, to
Robust Vocabulary- combine, farmer, ingredient, market, nutritious
Math- Using manipulatives to make 10
IC-Tools for Communication
Text Messages From Kindergarten
Rasor Kindergarten1--Mrs. Sheppard's class
Rasor Kindergarten2- Mrs. Rodriguez's class
Rasor Kindergarten3- Ms. Hackney's class
Rasor Kindergarten4-Mrs. Beckham's class
Students will start using the program Raz-Kids in the classroom. This program is also available to use at home. Students brought home information about this program in thier red folder on Friday. If you have any questions about the program please let your childs teacher know.
Download the Shoparoo App to your cell phone and help earn money for our school. It is very easy. You take pictures of your receipts and earn points for our school. Those points are equal to money that is donated to the school each year.