The Hoot Owl
THINGS TO KNOW:
*EARLY DISMISSAL - Friday, October 5 is early dismissal day. Students will be dismissed at 12:10. PK schedule is 8-10 and 10-12.
*PTO MEETING - PTO will host an evening meeting the month of October. This meeting will be on October 11 @ 6:30 pm and will be held in the cafeteria. If you cannot attend during the day and want to hear what PTO is doing, please make plans to attend this meeting.
*FALL PICTURE DAY - October 12 is Fall Picture day. These pictures must be paid for in advance if you wish to order. There is a retake day in the event that a student missed picture day or parents are not pleased with the picture received. Watch for order forms in Tuesday folders on October 2.
*FALL FESTIVAL/BOOK FAIR - We will host Fall Festival/Book Fair on October 18 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. This is an evening full of great events. PTO will have vendors to shop, carnival games to play, and food trucks for dining. Teachers will offer take home academic activities that will enhance your child's learning. Mrs. Falcon, librarian, will have the Book Fair open for shopping. This is a great event! Please make plans to spend the evening with us!
*YEARBOOK ORDERS - Yearbooks can currently be purchased online at the link below. They are currently $24 which includes FREE Icons of your choice on the front cover. This offer lasts until October 26. Another flyer will be sent home in Tuesday folders.
STORYBOOK CHARACTER DAY/EARLY DISMISSAL
We will be doing celebrating Storybook Character Day on this same day. Students are invited to dress up as their favorite storybook character. Props and face covering are not allowed so please plan costume accordingly. We will have our Storybook Parade at 8:45 a.m. This is always a fun day for our students and we look forward to seeing which character they choose to be.
Hello all hope everyone has had a great start to a new year. Just a few reminders.
* Please encourage your child to eat breakfast every morning. A healthy breakfast fuels kids’ minds and bodies. It is essential that families kick-start their bodies every morning from their overnight fast. A balanced breakfast containing at least 3 of the food groups fuels the brain and body with energy, and gets your child ready for the day. A balanced breakfast includes two grains, one fruit, one serving of low-fat dairy and possibly a meat (protein).
* Vision and hearing assessments have already started. If your child does not pass the vision or hearing test, then a referral form will be sent home with the student. Please seek medical advice so that your child will have a successful year. Remember that this is only a general screening so if you or your teacher are concerned please seek medical attention for a thorough exam. Please let us know if you are in need of any assistance as help is readily available.
* All medications must be checked in to the clinic by a parent. Students may not transport medications on the bus or bring it in themselves. This is for child safety. In the event that a child brings in medication, the parent will be called to either pick it up or sign it in. No medications will be administered without proper procedures.
* Please let us know if your child has been diagnosed with the Flu and type if you know it. We report weekly to the state from September to May.
* Finally, please go over good handwashing skills, hygiene and toileting skills with your child. There are always viruses around every little effort helps to keep them healthy. Pack extra clothing daily in their backpacks for the younger grade levels.
DATES TO KNOW:
8 - School Holiday
11 - PTO Meeting - 6:30 p.m.
12 - Fall Picture Day
18 - Fall Festival
Official attendance time is 9:00 a.m. If your child arrives after 9, he/she will be counted absent for the day. Tardy time this school year is 8:01 a.m. If your child arrives after 8:01, the parent needs to walk the child into the front office and sign the child into school.
Thank you for help with these matters!