DRES Family Message
February 5, 2023
Message From Mrs. Sanchez
Safety is our top priority at DRES and we have some ways that you can help us keep our students safe.
1. Make sure students do not bring anything from home in their backpacks other than needed school supplies.
2. Remind your children that even toy weapons are not allowed on campus.
3. Reinforce appropriate behavior on the school bus.
4. Bring your ID with you to the school building if signing out your child or if your child's bus isn't running and you need to pick them up from carpool.
5. Have your carpool tag in your window visible each day during PM carpool.
Together, we can help to keep all students safe each day at DRES.
Mrs. Sanchez, Principal
Interesting Articles & Information To Read
Dinner Date 2/23/23 @ 5:30-8:00pm
Each household of DRES students can bring 2 guest per household with them for dinner in the cafeteria and then on to the gym to watch Lyle, Lyle Crocodile. Come as fancy as you want or as comfortable as you want. It is your family date night out.
Dinner will be served from 5:30pm-6:30pm. The movie will begin at 6:30pm.
Free Reduced Lunch Application
Morning Male Greeters
Parents Can Eat Lunch With Students
Parents must check in at the front office to get a visitors tag. Only parents listed on the locator card (green card) will be allowed into the cafeteria. If a family member, such as a grandparent, is coming for lunch, the parent must call the school to alert us of the visitor.
We have designated specific tables for each grade level on where parents will need to sit to eat with their child in order to keep the cafeteria running smoothly. Parents are welcome to sit at the round tables in the hallway along the office wall if you prefer.
We'd love for parents to help clean up the table they are eating at since we have a very short transition window between grade levels.
Parents are only allowed to have their child eat with them. No other students will be allowed to move to the designated table or go into the hallway to eat.
Parents can bring a special lunch for their child and themselves only or parents are welcome to purchase a school lunch.
Be sure to get the lunch time from your child's teacher so you know when the correct lunch time is scheduled.
Quarter 3 Dates
DRES Chorus Meets Thursday Mornings from 7:15am-8:00am in Music Room
2/6/23- National School Counselor Week- Celebrate Ms. Hartley (Grades K,2,4) and Ms. Sockman (Grades 1,3,5)
2/13/23- National Bus Driver Appreciation Week- Take a minute to thank your bus drivers!, School Leadership Meeting 3:45-4:45pm in Media Center
2/20/23- Interims go home this week
2/22/23- School Tour for new families- 12pm
2/27/23- PTA Meeting @ DRES Media Center 6:30pm
3/1/23- First Day of Women's History Month
3/6/23- Author Diane Silcox Jarrett- Week Long Resident Artist working with 5th grade
3/13/23- School Leadership Meeting 3:45-4:45pm in Media Center
3/15/23- School Tour for new families- 4pm
3/19/23- Spring Play Date & PTA Meeting- 3pm- Outdoor Classroom @ DRES
3/20/23- School Social Worker Appreciation Week- Celebrate Mrs. Pearson
3/23/23- On Safari- 2nd Grade Performance @ 7pm
3/24/23- Last Day of Quarter 3, Early Release at 1pm
Important Q4 Dates:
Return from Track Out 4/24/23
EOGs begin 6/14-6/28
Last Day of School 6/28
EOG Retakes 6/29 & 6/30
DRES PTA Information
- Please join here if you have not already joined the DRES PTA! Also, please ask grandparents and family members to join!
- Check out the PTA website here: https://durantroadpta.weebly.co
Monthly PTA Meeting Dates, Times, and Location
- Monday, Feb 27th, 6:30 at DRES media center
- Sunday, March 19th, 3:00pm PTA meeting and playdate at DRES playground
- Monday, April 24th, 6:30 at DRES media center
- Sunday, May 21st, PTA meeting and Playdate at DRES playground
- Monday, June 26th 6:30 - location TBD
Interested in donating to the school, PTA project, or student?
- Check out options for donations here: https://durantroadpta.weebly.com/dres-wish-lists.html
Early Release Dates
The rest of the Early Release Days for the year for Track 4 are:
Read more at this link: https://www.wcpss.net/schoolmessenger
Did you change your phone number or move?
If you've moved, please provide an updated gas, electric, water bill, signed lease agreement, or bill of sale for house purchase. Contact Mrs. Antonio for an appointment.